Samaritan's Purse mobilizes staff and equipment and enlists thousands of volunteers to provide emergency aid to victims of tornadoes, hurricanes, wildfires, floods, and other natural disasters in the United States. Isaiah 25:4 says, "For you have been a stronghold to the poor, a stronghold to the needy in his distress, a shelter from the storm and a shade from the heat.
The Case Workers handle all aspects of beneficiary selection, including needs assessment and requests for assistance from individuals. Work closely with Case Manager of North American Ministries (NAM), homeowners, church partners, governmental and other non-governmental agencies. Requires strong investigative, analytical, organization and relationship-building skills.
- Maintain a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Investigate requests to identify best-matched candidates based on need, eligibility and other program criteria. Interview applicants and gather pertinent background information including financial history. Facilitate background checks and drug screening, if required.
- Attend local recovery meetings to identify potential needs and applicants who may meet our criteria.
- Recommend potential recipients for consideration to Case Manager of NAM.
- Direct those homeowners who do not meet our beneficiary criteria to other agencies or organizations in the area that can help.
- Work with homeowner to procure and use FEMA and insurance money for the construction of their home. Enforce requirements to use that money for its intended purpose.
- Maintain proper documentation and tracking to ensure successful completion of each project. Keep detailed files of each homeowner’s paperwork and track homeowners’ work hours and enforce work hour requirements.
- Communicate and minister to homeowners, keeping them informed of the team’s progress and assisting in their requests.
- Greet incoming volunteers in a rotational basis with the rest of the team.
- As program progresses, initiate local church involvement in the lives of our beneficiaries, to ensure they are continually ministered to, even after Samaritan’s Purse has left the area.
- Document work and events with digital photographs and share them with NAM Social Media Specialist.
- Follow up with recipients through project completion and minister to them throughout.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; and three to five years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Proficiency using Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel).
Location: Windsor, NC
Regular, Full-time Position
Full Benefit Package, including:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Paid holidays, vacation, and sick/personal time