Logistics Coordinator, Windsor Rebuild-North American Ministries
Location: Windsor, NC, United States
Job ID: 11853
Date Posted: Oct 19, 2020
Samaritan's Purse will be coming alongside homeowners in Windsor, North Carolina, to help rebuild after the hurricane caused devastating flooding and wind damage. The Logistics Coordinator will serve as liaison with homeowners and identify/initiate work orders and communicate those to the Volunteer Coordinator. They will procure necessary materials, supplies and equipment to each rebuild work site to ensure volunteers keep a steady pace in getting the home back to a livable state.
- Maintain a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Serve as liaison with homeowners, government officials, local agencies and/or contractors and perform assessment of projects before assignment.
- Identify work orders and communicate those to the Volunteer Coordinator.
- Procure necessary materials, supplies and equipment; assist in delivery to project site; assist with check-in and check-out of tools/equipment.
- Communicate and minister to disaster victims, keeping them informed of the team's work.
- Perform periodic inspection of teams at the sites.
- Perform follow-up for completed projects.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic construction skills and knowledge of building materials required.
- Highly organized with aptitude to maintain receipts and expenses.
- Class B CDL preferred, but not required.
Location: Windsor, NC
Regular, Full-time Position
Full Benefit Package, including:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Paid Vacaton/Holidays/Sick leave