Aftercare Chaplain, Operation Heal Our Patriots (OHOP)
Location: North Wilkesboro, NC, United States
Job ID: 11436
Date Posted: Oct 9, 2020
Are you an experienced ministry or counseling professional with a heart for our nation’s Veterans and their spouses? Do you enjoy working with a team and teaching God’s truth? As a Chaplain with Operation Heal Our Patriots (OHOP) in North Wilkesboro, North Carolina (not a remote position), you will be responsible for continued ministry to Veterans and spouses who attend our Alaska-based Operation Heal Our Patriots Retreat. For an opportunity to serve those who have sacrificed much for our nation, put your talents to use for a cause with eternal purpose through Samaritan’s Purse. Join us today!
Description of Job Duties:
- Build relationships with each new OHOP couple within their region by contacting them before and after their time in Alaska.
- Maintain regular contact with each alumni couple by phone, email and/or letter.
- Provide pastoral care and marriage counseling to each couple, as necessary.
- Lead marriage retreats in assigned region, Alaska, and other regions as required.
- Facilitate smaller gatherings of OHOP couples throughout assigned region, ensuring each couple has an opportunity to attend at least one every six months.
- Cultivate relationships with churches and volunteers throughout the region in order to develop a reservoir of referral options for families within assigned region.
- Ensure consistent record-keeping following each contact with an OHOP couple.
- Provide summary information to OHOP Discipleship and Education Manager.
- Stay informed on treatment methodologies and assist with Post-Traumatic Stress (PTS) and Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) matters through continued professional education related to PTS and TBI.
- Maintain a personal relationship with and be a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Bachelor’s Degree from accredited institution of higher learning required; Master’s Degree from accredited institution of Christian religious training preferred.
- One year (or 12 credit hours) of college-level Biblical studies preferred.
- Experience in individual and group Christian counseling.
- Ordination from recognized Christian denomination.
- Effective public speaking skills.
- Prior military experience or military chaplain experience preferred.
- This position will serve in our OHOP Headquarters Office in North Wilkesboro, North Carolina.
- Travel required each summer to Alaska as well as throughout the year to visit couples in assigned region.
Location: North Wilkesboro, NC
Full Benefits Package including:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long-term and short-term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Paid vacation/holidays/sick leave
- Relocation Package available (not a remote position)