Seasonal Mail & Data Processor
Location: Boone, NC, United States
Job ID: 11568
Date Posted: Sep 29, 2020
Samaritan's Purse is a non-denominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. For over 40 years, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. If you are searching for a Career with Impact come see how we serve! Samaritan’s Purse has a seasonal opportunity in the Mail & Data Processing/Distribution Center for a Mail and Data Processor to join the team! This seasonal position will last up to 6 months.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
- Attend daily morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors and volunteers.
- Identify, sort and process into various categories all donation mail envelopes according to the Mail Response Manual.
- Calculate, bundle or copy manual batches in a timely manner.
- Key and verify amount entry and project entry from checks and response cards processed through Aperta software.
- Assist with daily deposits to the bank.
- Maintain donor database; record donations; process material requests and update donor information. Assign appropriate project and source codes to each transaction.
- Respond to special instructions or requests received from donors. Request correspondence and receipts in donor accounts to be mailed thanking them for their gift received.
- Perform quality check of web transactions.
- Process requests and gifts from donors in a timely and accurate manner.
- Maintain a clean and neat working environment at all times.
- Follow policies and procedures of Samaritan’s Purse as set forth in the Policy Manual.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; and six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently.
- Able to focus on details and adjust to workflow changes with a positive attitude.
- Ability to pass pre-employment computer skill testing using Microsoft Office 2013.
- Ability to type at least 35 words per minute.