Location: Dohuk, Iraq
Job ID: 11754
Date Posted: Sep 28, 2020
A day in the life of an Operations Manager, Syria and Iraq
At Samaritan’s Purse, the Gospel really is the center of all we do! We start each day with a time of devotions and prayer. We hear from members of our staff, both from IHQ and our global offices, as well a special guest speakers who encourage us in God’s word. We then join together to prayer for one another, as well as praying for staff and volunteers who serve around the globe. We get paid to start each day this way!
Serve as a member of the senior management team and provide support to the country office in ensuring information flows, advice, and support on issues related to operations and leadership.
Act as the main focal point for: Project Implementation, HR, IT, Finance, Logistics, Procurement, Travel, Legal Compliance/Coordination, and Administration.
Develop and implement operational systems and processes in support of the organization’s mission.
Develop and oversee national and international procurement systems to ensure efficient and accurate supply of program resources.
Oversee management of country-wide inventory systems.
Oversee and manage all travel and transport schedules.
Ensure smooth functioning, well-managed, and results-oriented activities across all areas of operations.
Oversee the country office Human Resources systems and the HR manager and payroll management systems.
Enforce Samaritan’s Purse procedures regarding contracted services. Provide frequent evaluation of current contracted services for cost effectiveness.
Support continuous up-to date effective communication channels and accurate flow of information between field sites, the country office, and senior management team.
Maintain network and awareness of local and national laws and ensure organizational adherence along with the senior management team.
Establish and maintain a harmonious working environment by introducing capacity building trainings to strengthen and encourage operations department staff to foster staff development and empowerment.
In the role of Operations Manager, you will provide strategic oversight and leadership to the operation in the following areas: Project Implementation, Logistics, Procurement, Inventory, Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, and Administration. You will be responsible for directing and coordinating all personnel and projects in our cross-border operation between Iraq and Syria.
Check out why people love serving with Samaritan’s Purse: https://bit.ly/2F8Nom5
Qualifications & Experience
A personal, vibrant relationship with Jesus Christ and desire to continue being an active, consistent witness for Him.
Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year college or university in Project Management, Business Administration, Public Administration, Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Communications, or related field of study.
4+ years progressive administration, operations, logistics procurement and/or supply chain management experience in a complex, dynamic environment such as an international non-governmental organization (INGO) (preferred).
Experience in establishing systems and policies for asset management, real time inventory, and procurement projects.
Strong leadership, relational, problem solving, creative thinking, and supervisory skills. A strong team player and adept at creating a strong team spirit.
Field experience in the Middle East or similar context and knowledge of the region is a strong asset.
Ability to work with culturally diverse groups of people.
Ability to travel and work in difficult conditions under pressure.
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs and have strong mathematical, analytical, and reasoning abilities.
Language: Fluency in English (required). Strong English language writing and oral communication skills, and demonstrated ability to produce quality reports and proposal inputs on short deadlines.
Language: Knowledge of Arabic (preferred).
Job Location: Syria and Iraq
Language Requirement: Fluency in English (required) / Knowledge of Arabic (preferred)
Travel Expectations: Regular travel with a team into high risk, hazardous areas
Career with purpose!
Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
Term Life insurance
Retirement savings plan (after 1 year)
10 paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
12 vacation days per year
Annual home leave
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
By joining our Talent Network, you’ll help give our recruiters a good idea of your calling, skills, and talents as openings become available ministry-wide.