Seasonal Housekeeper - Operation Christmas Child Processing Center
Location: Boone, NC, United States
Job ID: 11867
Date Posted: Sep 28, 2020
Samaritan's Purse is a non-denominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. For over 40 years, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ.
We have an opportunity for a temporary team member to join our Housekeeping Department during the Operation Christmas Child shoebox processing season. The person hired in this position will be responsible for cleaning the OCC warehouse general areas and restrooms.
- Thoroughly clean and sanitize common areas including, but not limited to the lobby, break areas and bathrooms.
- Remove trash from all buildings.
- Report any maintenance or safety items encountered during course of scheduled work.
- Work with other staff to assist in coordination of work assignments and to complete tasks and duties as described by the Housekeeping Manager.
- Restock Supplies.
- Follow policies and procedures of Samaritan’s Purse as set forth in the Policy Manual.
- Attend daily morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors and volunteers.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
Previous housekeeping experience preferred.
While performing this job employees are required to be on their feet most of the shift. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.