Location: Dohuk, Iraq
Job ID: 11845
Date Posted: Sep 28, 2020
A day in the life of a Program Develoment Officer, Syria
At Samaritan’s Purse, the Gospel really is the center of all we do! We start each day with a time of devotions and prayer. We hear from members of our staff, both from IHQ and our global offices, as well a special guest speakers who encourage us in God’s word. We then join together to prayer for one another, as well as praying for staff and volunteers who serve around the globe. We get paid to start each day this way!
In the role of Program Development Officer, you will play the invaluable role of seeking external funding opportunities and creatively crafting grant proposals to maximize Samaritan’s Purse’s consideration for those opportunities. You will coordinate the design and implementation of programs along with the development of donor relationships for the Northeast Syria office. This position will provide technical assistance and knowledge management support during project cycle implementation, monitoring and the close-out process.
Check out why people love serving with Samaritan’s Purse: https://bit.ly/2F8Nom5
Qualifications & Experience
A personal, vibrant relationship with Jesus Christ and desire to continue being an active, consistent witness for Him.
Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year college or university in International Affairs, Development, Politics, the Middle East, or related field of study.
2+ years professional experience (required).
Experience working and living overseas (preferred); with ability to be flexible and adaptable.
Experience working with a multi-national staff team (preferred).
Experience with monitoring and evaluation routines of major donors.
Ability to analyze data and project activities against core documents, policies, humanitarian ethics, and organizational goals.
Ability to design, implement, and evaluate data collection tools and analysis.
Proven ability to work creatively and independently. A strong team player and adept at creating a strong team spirit.
Ability to work with culturally diverse groups of people.
Ability to travel and work in difficult conditions under pressure.
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs and have strong mathematical, analytical, and reasoning abilities.
Language: Fluency in English (required). Strong English oral and language writing skills.
Language: Fluency in Arabic (preferred).
Job Location: Syria and Iraq
Language Requirement: Fluency in English (required) / Fluency in Arabic (preferred)
Travel Expectations: Regular travel with a team into high risk, hazardous areas.
Career with purpose!
Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
Term Life insurance
Retirement savings plan (after 1 year)
10 paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
12 vacation days per year
Annual home leave
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
By joining our Talent Network, you’ll help give our recruiters a good idea of your calling, skills, and talents as openings become available ministry-wide.