Samaritan's Purse is a non-denominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. For over 40 years, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ.
We have an incredible opportunity for a Photography Coordinator to join our communications department! This coordinator would organize and file all digital files, digitize historical film negatives and historical prints, and other tasks to ensure the smooth functioning of the photography team within the Communications department. If you are driven to make a difference with your work, and have a Career with lasting impact, come see how we accomplish that!
- Organize and file all digital files according to Samaritan’s Purse conventions, adding necessary relevant information and ensuring film frame numbers match digital file numbers.
- Digitize historical film negatives and historical prints for which no film negatives exist by scanning using necessary software.
- Familiarity with software such as Adobe Lightroom, web, and digital media platforms, tools, resources and environment strongly preferred.
- Create digital PDF contact sheets for each completed code scan, and file within the contacts sheets folder on the photo library server.
- Assist the photography manager in handling all photo requests from external sources and other departments of Samaritan’s Purse.
- Interact with external and internal requestors to ensure that needs are met within the guidelines established by the Communications department for the release of photos.
- Assist the photography manager as needed in handling scheduling of photographers for specific shoots.
- Assist the photography manager as needed in coordinating travel for photographers, including obtaining travel authorizations and processing expense reports.
- Faithfully upholds the ministry in prayer.
- Maintains a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Consistently participates in daily staff devotions.
- Demonstrate behavior aligned with Samaritan's Purse's Mission Statement, Statement of Faith, Hallmarks, policies, and expectations.
- Effectively represents Jesus Christ to those within both personal and professional spheres of influence.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
- Career with Purpose!
- Great work/life balance
- Extremely Competitive 401(k) retirement savings plan (high matching)
- Extremely Competitive Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Competitive vacation and time off benefits
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance