Samaritan's Purse is a non-denominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. For over 40 years, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. If you are searching for a Career with Impact come see how we serve! Samaritan’s Purse has an opening for a Prep Cook in our Food Services department at our North Wilkesboro, NC campus.
- Prepare and serve food according to approved menus and standardized recipes while keeping waste to a minimum.
- Assist with putting away dry stock in the storeroom, refrigerated food in cooler and frozen foods in the freezer when delivered by food service vendors.
- Turn on all equipment needed for daily prep (steamer, food warmers, ovens, hoods and tilt skillet).
- Monitor food quality using Food Safe methods as directed and follow all applicable NC Food Code guidelines
- Help maintain an orderly, clean kitchen, eating and service areas, storage, and cooler/freezer facilities, including condiment and soup areas in the serving line as well as the dish drop off area.
- Assist with Event/Hospitality requests when Hospitality Coordinator is unavailable. Able to manage an event from set-up to break-down. Familiar with organization, presentation and event rooms.
- Assist front line cooks as necessary (on a shift basis).
- Assist in washing dishes, glassware, silverware, pots/pans after meals. Collect and return dirty dishes to washing area. Remove trash and break down boxes.
- High School Diploma or equivalent; and one to three years’ experience in food preparation. Food Safe certification preferred.
- Knowledge of the methods, principles, processes, materials, techniques and equipment used in quantity food preparation and customer service
- Knowledge of proper food storage and handling techniques as well as the quality, safety and sanitary standards involved in food preparation.
Employees who work in the U.S. get to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays
- Ten or more days of vacation depending on years of service
- Ten sick/personal days
- Staff discounts at retail stores and service providers in the Boone area and nationwide