Samaritan's Purse is a non-denominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. For over 40 years, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ.
We have an incredible opportunity for an experienced Security DevOps Engineer to join our internal global development and Cybersecurity Team! This is a very unique position that will help to secure the state of the art internal private Cloud built by our DevOps build team. This Engineer will be focused on ensuring the secure architecture, development, and implementation of technology solutions for both the enterprise and private cloud environments. The ideal candidate would have experience with cloud infrastructure compute, virtualization, containers, infrastructure automation, using DevOps methodologies and tools (Jenkins, Ansible, Bitbucket), and infrastructure-as-code containerized microservices. The DevOps processes and Security tools used in this role stand at the forefront of progress in the non-profit Christian IT arena. If you are searching more than just a job, but a Career with lasting impact, come see how we accomplish that!
- Maintain a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ
- Hands-on experience with cloud infrastructure compute, network, storage, virtualization, containers, infrastructure automation, using DevOps methodologies and tools (Jenkins, Ansible, Bitbucket), or similar.
- Experience with automated/orchestration tools including Cloud Native, traditional network and security solutions building distributed fault-tolerant systems (specialization in infrastructure-as-code and containerized microservices).
- Assist in automating traditional cybersecurity control stack into version control and automated deployment for private cloud container environment.
- Partner with cross-functional Cloud and Development teams to develop security strategy for private cloud projects.
- Help design and develop cloud security policies and standards and procedures for private cloud environment.
- Responsible for account management, tenant management, network security, and data protection.
- Handles security incident and event management (SIEM), user account management (e.g., SSO, SAML), and password/key management, vulnerability/threat management, etc.
- Implement secure cloud engineering best practices with a strong focus on security automation.
- Delivering security on cloud native and distributed architectural solutions in complex environments.
- Expertise in performing threat modeling and defining security architectural requirements for software development and product teams.
- Establish security controls and monitoring for private cloud and enterprise security systems with a focus on business strategy and compliance initiatives.
- Work with regulatory and non-regulatory requirements related to PCI, GDPR, HIPAA, NIST CSF, SOC 2, and others.
- Desired understanding of Center for Internet Security (CIS) Critical Security Controls (CSC), and privacy laws to include GDPR.
- Provide guidance and hands-on experience to teams in design, development, and maintenance of security solutions for cloud.
- Helping to oversee account management, tenant management, network security, data protection, security incident.
- Continually evaluate emerging threats and identify associated risk to the Ministry.
- Assist in the development of remediation plans, implement approved security controls, and monitor for effectiveness.
Certifications/Additional (NOT REQUIRED):
GWEB, GSSP-NET, GWAPT, GCIH, GCIA, GPEN, CEH, CISSP
- Faithfully upholds the ministry in prayer.
- Maintains a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Consistently participates in daily staff devotions.
- Demonstrate behavior aligned with Samaritan's Purse's Mission Statement, Statement of Faith, Hallmarks, policies, and expectations.
- Effectively represents Jesus Christ to those within both personal and professional spheres of influence.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
Career with Purpose!
Great work/life balance
Extremely Competitive 401(k) retirement savings plan (high matching)
Extremely Competitive Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
Competitive vacation and time off benefits
Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
Long term and short term disability insurance