Serve with us in Human Resources!
We are seeking an Campus Relations Training Specialist to assist with developing, executing and evaluating the training and performance management for the Samaritan’s Purse Apprentice and Intern Programs. The Campus Relations Training Specialist will work closely with Campus Relations and Learning and Development teams, and various ministry departments, the role will develop and strengthen the Apprentice and Intern Programs training efforts to ensure Apprentices and Interns are actively equipped and prepared for current and future service with Samaritan’s Purse.
A day in the life of an Campus Relations Training Specialist:
At Samaritan’s Purse, the Gospel really is the center of all we do! We start each day with a time of devotions and then we join together to pray for one another, our staff and volunteers serving around the globe.
In the role of an Campus Relations Training Specialist, you will:
- Maintain a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Aid with the development, coordination, and execution of all Apprentice and Intern Programs training efforts. Under direction and oversight of the Campus Relations Senior Manager, implement Apprentice and Intern Programs training efforts, including ministry-standard modules as well as department-specific templated modules.
- Help lead Campus Relations efforts for overall performance management for Apprentices and Interns during their time of service. Work closely with departments to gather performance feedback data and distribute to all relevant stakeholders.
- With guidance from the Learning and Development team, utilize proven training design and adult learning strategies to ensure that Apprentice and Intern learning is aligned with departmental goals.
- Utilize expertise from Learning and Development team to help evaluate efficacy of training plans associated with potential new positions and recommend potential improvements.
- Lead efforts to gather and analyze feedback data for efficacy of preparation-phase and other training efforts.
- Aid with the development, review, and improvement of preparation-phase training and curriculum each term, conducting needs analysis to help determine training content effectiveness for overall program and recommending improvements for future terms.
- Identify, recommend and apply proven adult learning design principles to deliver classroom-style training, job aids, and informal learning opportunities to support the Apprentice and Intern Programs, drawing on expertise of Learning and Development and other training experts.
- Aid with the identification and selection of subject matter experts for preparation-phase efforts; oversee facilitation of speakers and all other logistical elements relating to both preparation-phase and training efforts.
- Serve as liaison between Apprentices/Interns and Campus Relations, with special emphasis during preparation-phases. Through professional relationships developed with Apprentices and Interns during all preparation-phase efforts, gather and provide necessary performance feedback to Campus Relations team and others where needed.
- Ensure adherence to the standardized program training and performance management requirements for all departments.
- Assist with other Apprentice and Intern Programs elements where needed, including facilitation of housing and training spaces.
- Follow policies and procedures of Samaritan’s Purse as set forth in the Policy Manual.
- Attend daily morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, donors and volunteers.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
Check out why people love serving with Samaritan’s Purse: https://bit.ly/2F8Nom5
Qualifications & Experience:
- A personal, vibrant relationship with Jesus Christ and desire to continue being an active, consistent witness for Him.
- Bachelor's degree (BA) from four-year college or university; plus 1-3 years related experience in human resources, training facilitation or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
- Communicates Effectively – Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Ensures Accountability – Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Collaborates – building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Ministers – Puts relationship first. Seeks opportunities to encourage and support.
- Manages Ambiguity – Operating effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear.
- Being Resilient – Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations.
- Career with purpose!
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays
- Ten or more days of vacation depending on years of service
- Ten sick/personal days
- Daily staff devotions and prayer time
Please provide a cover letter that speaks to why you qualify for this position and be sure to include your resume. We look forward to reviewing your application!