Site Reliability Engineer (Elasticsearch, Kibana, Syslog)
Location: Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 11473
Date Posted: Oct 22, 2020
Samaritan's Purse is a non-denominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. For over 40 years, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ.
We have an incredible opportunity for an experienced Site-Reliability Engineer (Log & Monitoring) to join our internal Cloud Build Team! This is a critical role, primarily responsible for Cloud monitoring, logging and alerting technologies such as Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana, Grafana, Syslog, Graphite, or Prometheus used to optimize performance and improve stability and scalability of mission critical infrastructure. This work is being completed utilizing the DevOps model for development. Currently this Cloud build and Implementation, stands at the forefront of progress in the non-profit Christian IT arena. If you are searching more than just a job, but a Career with lasting impact, come see how we accomplish that!
- Preferably 3+ years of DevOps, Infrastructure, or Site Reliability Engineering experience.
- Experience utilizing either the ELK stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana) or similiar tools such as Grafana, Syslog, Graphite, Prometheus, CollectD, or FluentD.
- Very comfortable functioning at the Linux OS administration level.
- Develops and improves automation of deployments and support for critical systems to provide reliable infrastructure for global operations.
- Preferred exposure to DevOps and CI/CD tools such as Git, Jenkins, Ansible, or similar solutions.
- Help to design, implement, maintain, and utilize systems for our cloud platform with a strong focus on monitoring, alerting, forecasting, troubleshooting, and automated mitigation.
- Automate manual and repetitive tasks Integrate the solutions with the existing platforms using various methods.
- Experience coding utilizing Bash, Python, or similar.
- Preferred exposure to containerization platforms such as Docker or Kubernetes,.
- Preferred exposure to Cloud and/or HCI infrastructure platforms such as VMware, AWS, OpenStack, or similar.
- Desired experience with enterprise queuing systems such as Kafka, RabbitMQ, or similar.
- Gather requirements and design systems to meet project goals.
- Create, maintain, and troubleshoot self-remediation and feedback loops.
- Work alongside other cloud team members to ensure that all systems are fully functional and secure at all times.
- Faithfully upholds the ministry in prayer.
- Maintains a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Consistently participates in daily staff devotions.
- Demonstrate behavior aligned with Samaritan's Purse's Mission Statement, Statement of Faith, Hallmarks, policies, and expectations.
- Effectively represents Jesus Christ to those within both personal and professional spheres of influence.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
- Career with Purpose!
- Great work/life balance
- Extremely Competitive 401(k) retirement savings plan (high matching)
- Extremely Competitive Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Competitive vacation and time off benefits
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance