Service Desk Analyst I (Tier I)
Location: N. Wilkesboro, NC, United States
Job ID: 11470
Date Posted: Sep 28, 2020
Samaritan's Purse is a non-denominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. For over 40 years, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ.
We have an incredible opportunity for a Service Desk Analyst to join our Service Desk Analyst Team! This role will will deliver high level quality customer service to Samaritan’s Purse IT customers domestic and internationally by providing Service Desk support on any technology service or product that is available within our IT products and systems. We are looking for a talented Analyst who can provide high level quality customer and end user support in multiple systems and that exist within the ministry. If you are searching more than just a job, but a Career with lasting impact, come see how we accomplish that!
- Maintain a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Preferably 1-2 years of working experience as a Service Desk or Help Desk analyst.
- Supports technical issues in person or by remote tools as needed and alerts management of recurring problems or patterns of problems.
- Utilize internal Ticketing System to track, record, and triage level I incidents.
- Work to improve existing Service Desk processes by recommending possible changes and improvements to the existing Service Desk processes and procedures.
- Log and track all Service Desk interactions into the Service Desk ticketing system.
- Visit field office sites (domestic and international) on a periodic basis to ensure a high level of customer service and support.
- Determines user requirements, analyzes alternative solutions and recommends hardware and software solutions to improve efficiency and resolve business problems.
- Creates documentation and procedures for specific tasks, such as installation of various software.
- Proactively maintains user IT systems to ensure proper and secure functionality; analyzes methods to improve efficiency, security, and customer experience.
- Function at the Tier I level and escalates highly complex issues to the Level II-III Service Desk Analysts when necessary.
- Maintains ITIL compliance for Service Desk systems and operations.
- Relevant ITSM or ITIL certification and Network+ preferred.
- Follows ITSM framework and protocols. Analyzing, designing, documenting, testing, reporting, diagnosing and resolving advanced Service Desk troubleshooting issues.
- Provides ongoing Service Desk support for field work both domestically and internationally when necessary.
- Maintains availability to provide on-call support, even after hours, as needed by management to fulfill the department Service Level Agreement and Internal Operating Procedures.
- Provide excellent customer service for staff, vendors, and volunteers.
- Attends daily morning devotions and participates in prayer support for the ministry, donors and volunteers.
- Faithfully upholds the ministry in prayer.
- Maintains a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Consistently participates in daily staff devotions.
- Demonstrate behavior aligned with Samaritan's Purse's Mission Statement, Statement of Faith, Hallmarks, policies, and expectations.
- Effectively represents Jesus Christ to those within both personal and professional spheres of influence.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
- Follows policies and procedures of Samaritan’s Purse as set forth in the Policy Manual.
- Career with Purpose!
- Great work/life balance
- Extremely Competitive 401(k) retirement savings plan (high matching)
- Extremely Competitive Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Competitive vacation and time off benefits
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance