We're searching for a Regional Program Development Officer who is a dynamic, self-motivated team player. Are you an initiator with an excellent work ethic who enjoys a collaborative environment? As a Regional Program Development Officer, you will also have the opportunity to focus on supporting and coordinating Samaritan's Purse Field Offices in Southern Africa as it relates the pursuit and development of programs and grant proposals. The Regional Program Development Officer will provide consultation in processes related to program and grant proposals to include writing, editing and the compilation of lessons learned. If you are passionate about the advancement of the Gospel and looking for a career with impact, we invite you to apply today!
Samaritan’s Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
This is a family accompanied position
- Build relationships and assess partnership opportunities with bilateral donors, International Non-governmental Organizations, and other agencies
- Provide oversight for the development of all programming and proposals
- Build staff capacity in general program development skills, behavior change communication, and qualitative evaluation skills
- Create and maintain proposal timetables to ensure timely review and submission of proposals
- Serve as the main liaison/initial point of contact on all proposals and related agreements, reports and amendments
- Regularly liaise with Program Development Officers to be sure that grants are on track for timely completion and that targets are being met within budget
- Travel to field sites to better understand the operational environment and challenges faced in project implementation and to provide guidance on donor and Samaritans Purse internal rules and regulations
- Agreement and compliance with the Samaritan's Purse statement of faith and policies
- Spiritual maturity; ability to keep the focus of work on the overall goal of sharing the gospel
- Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred
- Master's degree (M. A.) or equivalent in international development preferred but not required, two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to communicate and interact well with people of different educational, linguistic, cultural and socio-economic backgrounds
- Experience working and living overseas; with ability to be flexible and adaptable
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative data analysis skills
- Technical writing skills including developing proposals, training/instruction manuals, and reports
- Position requires extensive travel in and out of the field
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- Twelve vacation days per year
*Please submit a detailed résumé and cover letter explaining how your experience relates to this position. We look forward to reviewing your application!