Location: N. Wilkesboro, NC, United States
Job ID: 11269
Date Posted: Feb 4, 2021
Samaritan’s Purse is seeking to hire a full time Hospitality / Event Coordinator to oversee the full cycle execution of all Samaritan’s Purse catered events and hospitality requests under the supervision of the Hospitality Manager. This hands on food services event role requires a detail oriented person who is conscientious, flexible and has a desire to provide outstanding customer service! The position requires a minimum of 3 years of full time event experience with the planning, preparation, and execution of all things event related, including preparation of certain food items.
If hospitality is your gift, you feel a call to our ministry and have the experience we are seeking, we would love the opportunity to connect with you! Please submit your application, including your resume and cover letter.
- Maintain a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Oversee the preparation and service of food according to approved menus and standardized recipes, while keeping waste to a minimum.
- Oversee the execution of all approved Event/Hospitality forms in all Samaritan’s Purse locations, as directed by Hospitality Manager. This includes all aspects from set-up to clean-up. Follow approved forms, and ensure accuracy and professional appearance.
- Keep all break rooms on Samaritan’s Purse campuses stocked with supplies. Alert Hospitality Manager when quantities are low.
- Serve “Watermelon Friday” events during the summer (Friday following Memorial Day thru the last Friday in August).
- Travel between main kitchens and training centers. Some evening and weekend travel required.
- Foster and maintain positive relationships with event hosts.
- Monitor all catering related supplies and alert Hospitality Manager when quantities are low. Keep accurate pars based on events calendar and calculated needs while minimizing waste and maintaining clean workspace.
- Monitor food quality using Food Safe methods as directed.
- Help maintain orderly, clean kitchen, eating and service area, storage, and cooler/freezer facilities.
- Oversee serving meals and in appropriate portions, as necessary.
- Clean up all facilities used for events. This includes breakroom, kitchen, and dining room. Wash all catering dishes and equipment. Know and execute all policies concerning table tops, approved foods, and event space.
- Coordinate van usage with Hospitality Manager and Assistant Director, Food Services. Maintain fuel levels and vehicle cleanliness.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee transportation of food dishes, utensils, and service ware to event destinations. Assist in set-up as directed.
- Help sanitize and store all equipment at the end of each shift.
- Keep manager apprised of problems or situations that may arise, such as product shortages, special order needs, or repair and maintenance needs.
- Wash dishes, glassware, silverware, pots, and pans after meals. Collect and return dirty dishes to washing area.
- Knowledge of the methods, principles, processes, materials, techniques and equipment used in quantity food preparation and customer service
- Knowledge of proper food storage and handling techniques as well as the quality, safety and sanitary standards involved in food preparation
- Knowledge of production and processing including cost controls and other techniques for effective operations
- Knowledge and experience in assessing, coordinating and preparing food prep levels
- Knowledge of principles and processes of providing customer satisfaction
- Social Perceptiveness, understanding of others
- Service orientation actively looking for ways to help other people and develop constructive and cooperative working relationships
- Valid Driver’s License and safe driving record
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or equivalent; three (3) to five (5) years’ experience in the Hospitality industry. Food Safe Handler certification required. Banquet/catering and customer service experience preferred.
- Walk and stand for extended periods of time. Must meet speed demands of a fast paced cooking environment. Long hours/double shifts are required.
- Active listening, oral comprehension and communication.
- Bend, stretch, and lift moderate amounts of weight (35 lbs.).
- Perform repetitive hand and arm motions.
- Comfortable driving, parking, and backing up catering van. Up to 4 hours of driving required on some days.
- Work under a range of temperature conditions.
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays
- Ten or more days of vacation depending on years of service
- Ten sick days
- Staff discounts at retail stores and service providers in the Boone area and nationwide
- Daily staff devotions and prayer time