Samaritan's Purse is looking for a Director of Maintenance to serve full time with its Liberia Aviation team. We currently operate the following aircraft types from our base in Monrovia, Liberia: Cessna 208 and Bell 206.
We desire a person who feels God leading them to use their gifts, skills, and abilities in Aviation to reach hurting people in remote parts of the world with the love and gospel of Jesus Christ. Days begin early and sometimes end late, whether it be launching an aircraft, assisting with cargo loading, or fulfilling our primary task of maintaining aircraft - pursuing technical excellence to the Glory of God. We are a small team with diverse backgrounds but we thrive when working together to accomplish shared goals. If this sounds like an opportunity where you would find fulfillment, please apply.
What you will be doing:
- Perform scheduled and unscheduled inspection and maintenance on aircraft so that they are available for dispatch as scheduled.
- Perform engineering duties in a timely, efficient and accurate manner.
- Ensure continued airworthiness of the aircraft to standards that meet or exceed FAA requirements.
- Ensure the aircraft are clean and neat.
- Ensure the aircraft records are current and complete.
- Maintain the equipment and facilities for the aircraft.
- Oversee the spare parts inventory and maintain stock at appropriate levels.
- Ship and track parts sent for repair or overhaul.
- Willing to occasionally extend work hours to return an aircraft to service.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
- Attend daily morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors and volunteers.
- Assess, manage, and report critical physical, emotional, or spiritual concerns of supervised staff.
- Work interdependently in a team environment.
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Fifth year college or university program certificate; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- One year of college-level Biblical studies is preferred but not required.
- Maintain FAA Airframe and Power Plant Certificate and Inspection Authorization Certificate.
- Ability to read technical manuals and regulatory documents in the English language.
- 2 years of commercial/for profit aviation experience desired.
- Technical records and/or inventory management experience.
- 2 years of living and/or working overseas, preferred.
- Management/leadership experience, preferred.
- Experience with Cessna 208 and/or Bell 206 airframes preferred.
Location: Monrovia, Liberia
Full-time, salaried position with full benefit package including:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Paid vacation/sick leave/home leave
This position is able to accommodate a family.