Samaritan's Purse is a non-denominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. For over 40 years, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. If you are searching for a Career with Impact come see how we serve! Samaritan’s Purse has an opening for a temporary Food Services team member to join us for up to 25 weeks, working 25 hours per week. This position will support various roles within the Food Services department!
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- This is a combined food prep and serving position that could also include cashier.
- Responsible for operating cash register accept payment and make change as necessary.
- Responsible for the preparation and service of food according to approved menus and standardized recipes while keeping waste to a minimum.
- Responsible for putting away dry stock in the storeroom, refrigerated food in cooler and frozen foods in the freezer when delivered by food service vendors.
- Monitor food quality using Food Safe methods as directed.
- Help maintain an orderly, clean kitchen, eating and service areas, storage, and cooler/freezer facilities.
- Assist, or fill-in, in serving meals and in appropriate portions.
- Assist front line cooks as necessary (on a shift basis).
- Follow policies and procedures of Samaritan’s Purse as set forth in the Policy Manual.
- Attend daily morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors and volunteers.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
- Must be able to convey a positive and professional image to the public and to SP employees.
- Clean, neat appearance.
- Prep and serve food and beverages to guests at caterings, special events and banquets as scheduled.
- Assist in transportation of food dishes, utensils and service ware to function destinations.
- Assist in set-up as directed.
- Help keep all Food Service equipment and surrounding areas, sanitized and properly stored at the end of each shift.
- Keep Managers apprised of problems or situations that may arise, such as product shortages or special order need or repair and maintenance needs.
- Assist in washing dishes, glassware, silverware, pots/pans after meals. Collect and return dirty dishes to washing area.
- Assist in maintaining the cleanliness of the dining room.
Education and/or Experience:
High School Diploma and at least 6 months of food service experience.
- The ability to walk and stand for extended periods of time at a brisk pace.
- Active listening and oral comprehension and communication.
- To bend, stretch, and lift moderate amounts of weight (35 lbs.).
- To perform repetitive hand and arm motions.