Country Security Manager, Niger
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Goudel, Niger
Job ID: 11576
Date Posted: Oct 19, 2020
Are you seeking a Security career with impact? Serve as a Country Security Manager with Samaritan's Purse in Niger to oversee the safety and security of our staff and operations. With your expertise, we'll be able to keep working to share the good news of Jesus Christ while meeting the physical needs of the people we're serving. Join us, today, for an opportunity to put your skills to work for an eternal purpose!
Description of Job Duties:
- Develop and maintain relationships with diverse personnel who may impact security of Samaritan's Purse personnel. These include, but are not limited to, local leaders, police, military, other NGOs, UN and government leaders.
- Analyze open source and confidential information to continually update the national and local threat levels.
- Maintain up to date information on political, economic and social status on a national level and report to the regional security manager and in country leadership on a regular basis.
- Develop, manage and train a team of national security officers.
- Maintain disaster response plan, evacuation plan and other contingency plans as required.
- Work closely with country leadership in advising on travel restrictions and program hibernations.
- Ensure efficient use of funding and accurate financial reporting, preparing and evaluating budget with base manager.
- Maintain a personal relationship with and be a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 12 credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
- Minimum of one year of management experience, preferably in a disaster location.
- Ability to coordinate activities with other agencies, build and maintain positive working relationships.
- Ability to understand complex security situation and advise program design accordingly.
- Possess ability to analyze information to develop a complete picture of security situations.
- Ability to communicate and interact well with people of different educational, linguistic, cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Spiritual maturity; ability to lead direct reports in their growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
This position is accompanied.
International Employee Benefits
Employees who choose to work internationally get to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- Annual home leave
- Twelve vacation days per year