Samaritan's Purse is a non-denominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. For over 40 years, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet the needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. If you are searching for a Career with Impact come see how we serve! We have an exciting opportunity for a Hospitality Manager to join our Food Services Department at the International Headquarters of Samaritan’s Purse in Boone, NC.
The Hospitality Manager will oversee the execution of all Samaritan’s Purse Catered Events and Hospitality requests. Responsibilities include planning, preparation and serving of food for Samaritan’s Purse employees and guests in accordance with nutritional and sanitary standards using menus and recipes approved by the Food Services Assistant Director. This position requires frequent travel between all Samaritan’s Purse campuses on a varied schedule.
- Responsible for the preparation and service of Special Event food according to approved menus and standardized recipes while keeping waste to a minimum.
- Responsible for execution of all approved Event/Hospitality Forms in all Samaritan’s Purse Locations. This includes all aspects from set-up to clean-up, including transportation of food. Follow approved forms. Ensure accuracy and professional appearance.
- Keep all break rooms on Samaritan’s Purse campuses stocked with disposable dinnerware, coffee, cream, etc. Order necessary supplies needed to stock and maintain these areas. Order/Purchase coffee and coke products as necessary with existing vendor relationship.
- Manage “Watermelon Friday” events during the summer (Friday following Memorial Day through the last Friday in August at International Headquarters and Wilkes locations).
- Foster and maintain positive relationship with Event Distributors. Maintain prompt and accurate communication with all Event Contacts, Event Distributors, Vendors and other department collaborators.
- Calculate ordering needs and submit bi-weekly food orders to Assistant Food Services Director in a timely manner. Notify manager of problems with shortages, special order need, or maintenance need, if necessary. Keep accurate pars based on events calendar and calculated needs while minimizing waste and maintaining clean workspace.
- Interdepartmental communication and organization is vital. Maintain all event information to assure the Food Services Director, Food Services Assistance Director, Kitchen Managers and Hospitality Coordinators have quick and accurate access to all details. Ensure all records are kept properly and consistently.
- Create and submit billing invoices to Assistant Director of Food Services.
- Monitor food quality using Food Safe methods as directed.
- Help maintain an orderly, clean, sanitized kitchen, eating and service areas, storage, and cooler/freezer facilities.
- Assist in serving meals in appropriate portions and in washing dishes, as necessary.
- Be responsible for meal related clean-up at all facilities used for events. This includes breakrooms, kitchen and dining room. Know and execute all policies concerning table tops, approved foods, and van usage.
- Supervise, schedule and evaluate Special Events staff. Partner with Assistant Director of Food Services on yearly evaluation of Hospitality Coordinator.
- Attend daily morning devotions and participates in prayer support for the ministry, donors and volunteers.
- Knowledge of the methods, principles, processes, materials, techniques and equipment used in quantity food preparation and customer service
- Knowledge of proper food storage and handling techniques as well as the quality, safety and sanitary standards involved in food preparation
- Knowledge of production and processing including cost controls and other techniques for effective operations
- Knowledge and experience in assessing, coordinating and preparing food prep levels
- Knowledge of principles and processes of providing customer satisfaction
- Social Perceptiveness, understanding of others
- Service orientation actively looking for ways to help other people and develop constructive and cooperative working relationships
- Previous supervisory experience strongly preferred
- Valid Driver’s License and safe driving record
Directly supervises 2 non-supervisory employees at various locations. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or equivalent; three to five years’ experience in the Hospitality Industry. Food Safe certification required. Banquet/Catering and Customer Service experience preferred.
Full Benefit Package including:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Paid holidays, vacation, and sick/personal time