We are seeking a Finance Manager to serve in one of our Undisclosed Middle East offices. In this role you will support the overall financial functions of the Field Office. Your strengths in communication, organization, and flexibility will further strengthen the team to complete the task at hand. This is a tremendous opportunity to make an immediate impact.
A day in the life of a Finance Manager:
In the role of Finance Manager, you will have the opportunity to:
- Maintain your personal relationship with Jesus Christ and be an effective witness for Him.
- Manage review of financial transactions and supporting documentation in an organized and professional manner.
- Ensure financial and accounting activities comply with Samaritan's Purse field accounting policies.
- Ensure adequate cash flow for operations and safety of financial resources.
- Manage the reconciliation of cash at all sites on a weekly basis and investigate any over/under situations.
- Provide support to the Operations Manager and/or Senior Program Manager with regard to financial policies, practices, budget management, proposals, and agreements.
- Identify areas for financial and administrative improvement and implement feasible improvements.
- Participate in the emergency tender committee and give sound input regarding budget utilization and budget availability for planned procurements.
- All other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree from a 4-year college or university in Accounting, Finance, or related field of study.
- 2+ years progressive financial management experience in a complex, dynamic environment such as a nonprofit organization with operating budgets, diverse funding streams, and substantial financial and material assets (preferred).
- CPA or equivalent certification; or equivalent combination of accounting education and managerial experience (preferred).
- Experience with foreign currencies and grants management.
- Strong financial management, impeccable attention to detail, interpersonal, delegation, and supervisory skills.
- Proven ability to work creatively and independently.
Job Location: Undisclosed Middle East
Language Requirement: Fluency in English (required)
Accompaniment: Un-accompanied (no spouse or family)Un-Accompanied (no spouse or family)
Travel Expectations: Required travel documents and vaccinations for entry into foreign countries will be necessary
- International medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Paid Family Medical Leave
- Retirement savings plan
- Paid holidays
- 12 vacation/personal days
- 10 sick days
- When at IHQ, on-site Medical Clinic (staff and dependents)