We are searching for a Health Program Manager to join our team in an Undisclosed Middle East Country. In this role, you will be the point person for field-level implementation of health and nutrition programs. Youll identify needs, build capacity into your team and local providers, make sure our activities are meeting needs, and supplies are used effectively. Come be part of what God is doing in the Middle East.
A day in the life of a Health Program Manager:
At Samaritan's Purse, the Gospel really is the center of all we do! We start each day with a time of devotions and spend time praying for each other, our staff and volunteers who serve around the globe.
In the role of Health Program Manager, you will have the opportunity to:
- Maintain your personal relationship with Jesus Christ and be an effective witness for Him.
- Ensure daily field-level execution of health programs against all set objectives and targets within the agreed budgets and timeframes.
- Identify new networks and potential local partners and actively engage with existing implementation partners in accordance with response strategy.
- Train, mentor, and build the technical capacity of Samaritans Purse and partner staff.
- Conduct frequent visits to clinics, identifying gaps through appropriate checklists and working with health teams to remedy gaps identified.
- Work with health teams to identify appropriate health and nutrition messages to be passed to the local communities based on identified needs.
- Assist in developing health and nutrition proposals and project budgets, monitors effectiveness and financial expenditures, and evaluates ongoing and new activities.
- Represent Samaritans Purse at relevant cluster and coordination meetings.
- All other duties as assigned
Learn more about serving with Samaritans Purse.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Nursing Degree/diploma or clinical medicine qualifications from an accredited medical school with a valid practicing license and two (2) to three (3) years nursing or clinical experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two (2) to three (3) years experience in emergency health and nutrition programming preferred
- Experience in management, capacity building, and mentorship of health teams preferred.
- 12 credit hours of college-level Biblical Studies (can be completed after hire)
Job Location: Undisclosed Middle East
Language Requirement: Fluency in English (required)
Accompaniment: Un-Accompanied (no spouse or family)
Travel Expectations: This position requires domestic and international travel of approximately 30 days/year; required travel documents and vaccinations for entry into foreign countries will be necessary
- International medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Paid Family Medical Leave
- Retirement savings plan
- Paid holidays
- 12 vacation/personal days
- 10 sick days
- Annual Home Leave