There is a cry for hope and healing in a region that has experienced great trauma and grief. Samaritans Purse is seeking a Livestock Program Manager to serve with our team in an International Undisclosed location. The Livestock Program Manager will serve beneficiaries utilizing talents in growing the Livestock program, in effective management, and fostering strong relationships and partnerships to make an eternal impact.
A day in the life of a Livestock Program Manager:
In the role of Livestock Program Manager, you will have the opportunity to:
- Participate in the growth of a livestock program, ensuring the program responds to the humanitarian and ministry needs of the most vulnerable communities
- Pilot new interventions in sustainable fodder production and economic cooperative models
- Lead in planning, field assessments, and beneficiary identification and registration processes for rural Livestock Programs
- Manage relationships with local implementing partners and government entities
- Lead in the strategy and implementation of ministry and livelihood programming integration
- Provide spiritual leadership to the program team
- Ensure the program design and implementation is in line with Food Security Livelihood, Early Recovery, and Livelihoods Working Group standards
- Ensure the restocking of sheep, dietary inputs, veterinary inputs, and other relevant stakeholders of the program are selected appropriately and comply with the values and policies of Samaritans Purse
- All other duties as assigned
Learn more about serving with Samaritans Purse.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelors degree (B. A.) in humanities, development studies, Business Administration and Management, Agribusiness, or International studies, one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Previous experience in the Middle East region highly preferred
- Practical, quick, reasoning skills
- Knowledge of or experience in agriculture, rural livelihoods, or livestock programming highly preferred.
- General knowledge of the workings of major donors and their perspectives, requirements, and standards
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Highly effective program management skills
- Strong, vibrant faith in Christ
- 12 credit hours of college-level Biblical Studies (required); if not already completed, the opportunity to meet and complete requirements is available upon hire.
Job Location: International Undisclosed
Language Requirement: Fluency in English (required); Arabic strongly preferred
Travel Expectations: Required travel documents and vaccinations for entry into foreign countries will be necessary
- International medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Paid Family Medical Leave
- Retirement savings plan
- Paid holidays
- 12 vacation/personal days
- 10 sick days
- When at IHQ, on-site Medical Clinic (staff and dependents)