Location: Boone, NC, United States
Job ID: 14767
Date Posted: Nov 17, 2023
Samaritans Purse is seeking a Placement Coordinator to support mission hospitals and clinics around the world. This position supports the goal of World Medical Missions by matching medical professionals with the needs of each hospital and clinic, and by assisting each medical volunteer with all logistical aspects of their short-term trip including travel arrangements, housing, required documentation, and orientation. World Medical Missions responds with compassionate action to help those in need around the world. Come be a part of this team.
A Day in the Life of a Placement Coordinator, World Medical Mission:
At Samaritans Purse, the Gospel really is the center of all we do! We start each day with a time of devotion and spend time praying for each other, our staff, and volunteers who serve around the globe.
In the role of Placement Coordinator, World Medical Mission, you will have the opportunity to:
Maintain your personal relationship with Jesus Christ and be an effective witness for Him
Recruits and places volunteer physicians, dentists, and other medical professionals and their families to meet the needs of mission hospitals and clinics.
Contact applicants to verify dates of availability and inquire about special interests. Ensures professional and character references are received and background check authorizations are completed during the application process.
Provides logistical oversight and direction once volunteers are placed on assignment. Provides oral and written orientation information about expenses, travel and lodging, visas, immunizations, foreign medical licenses, hospital expectations and schedules, and cultural differences.
Manages a wide variety of logistical challenges in route, which may include emergencies. Problem-solves troubleshoots, and offering viable solutions.
Ensures volunteers understand expense reimbursement procedures. Codes donations and flight itineraries as needed for the payment. Works with Expense Coordinator to ensure that donations and expenses are processed accurately. Keeps clear and accurate records for all transactions.
Keeps accurate and detailed service records in ACRM. Documents communications, materials sent, and other necessary details for each trip.
Refers to questions about medical equipment and/or supplies directly to the WMM Technical Support Supervisor or the WMM Warehouse Manager.
Liaises between volunteers, travel agencies, and donors. Provides information to increase their understanding of service to mission hospitals/clinics in foreign countries, World Medical Mission, and Samaritans Purse ministries.
Facilitates networking between medical professionals and their families, hospital staff, and other short- and long-term volunteers/missionaries.
Keeps physician database and hospital and volunteer documents current and accurate.
Updates hospital critical needs requests on the WMM website and printed materials as they change.
Assists in training new Volunteer Coordinators as requested.
Participates in conferences and meetings as requested and prepares reports, presentations, and other projects as assigned.
All other duties as assigned
Learn more about serving with Samaritans Purse.
Qualifications & Experience:
Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university and two (2) to four (4) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume
Ability to define and solve problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions within situations where only limited standardization exists
Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions furnished in written, oral, schedule, mathematical, or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
Job Location: Boone, NC
Language Requirement: Fluency in English (required)
Domestic Full Time:
On-site Medical Clinic (staff and dependents)
Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
Long-term and Short-term disability insurance
Paid Family Medical Leave
Term Life Insurance
401(k) retirement savings plan
10 paid holidays
12 vacation/personal days
10 sick days
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe Gods plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10).
By joining our Talent Network, you’ll help give our recruiters a good idea of your calling, skills, and talents as openings become available ministry-wide.