Location: North Wilkesboro, NC, United States
Job ID: 14736
Date Posted: Nov 17, 2023
Samaritans Purse is seeking a Biomedical Technician to assist in our World Medical Missions and Projects Departments. This position provides technical biomedical services to enhance the medical ministry to those in need. Help us respond with compassionate action as we expedite our response around the world as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister.
A Day in the Life of a Biomedical Technician:
At Samaritans Purse, the Gospel really is the center of all we do! We start each day with a time of devotion and spend time praying for each other, our staff, and volunteers who serve around the globe.
In the role of Bio-Medical Technician, you will have the opportunity to:
Maintain your personal relationship with Jesus Christ and be an effective witness to Him
Screen, repair, and calibrate medical equipment in-house.
Assist in proper record keeping, including inventory, pricing, preparing and cataloging technical documentation on medical equipment, and the status of all projects.
Evaluate equipment offered by donors for acceptability and coordinate shipping, or pick-up if needed.
Assist in packing medical equipment and all needed accessories for shipment.
Travel to mission hospitals or Samaritans Purse project sites to evaluate, install, service, and provide training on medical equipment.
Purge equipment inventory of outdated or inappropriate items.
Assist with processing and tracking of all overseas medical equipment and supply shipments.
Provide technical support for project sites in the area of alternative energy.
All other duties as assigned
Learn more about serving with Samaritans Purse.
Qualifications & Experience:
Bachelors Degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; or Associates Degree (AAS) in biomedical technology with five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
12 credit hours of college-level Biblical Studies (required); if not already completed, the opportunity to meet and complete the requirement is available upon hire.
Job Location: North Wilkesboro, NC
Language Requirement: Fluency in English (required)
Travel Expectations: 80-100 days/annually; required travel documents and vaccinations for entry into foreign countries will be necessary
Domestic Full Time:
On-site Medical Clinic (staff and dependents)
Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
Long-term and Short-term disability insurance
Paid Family Medical Leave
Term Life Insurance
401(k) retirement savings plan
10 paid holidays
12 vacation/personal days
10 sick days
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe Gods plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10).
By joining our Talent Network, you’ll help give our recruiters a good idea of your calling, skills, and talents as openings become available ministry-wide.