Location: Boone, NC, United States
Job ID: 14730
Date Posted: Nov 13, 2023
We are hiring a Business Process Manager to join our International Projects Department in Boone, NC. This role provides strategies for the department to achieve its international goals with efficiency, agility, effectiveness, transparency, and integrity. Do you have a combined knowledge of IT practices, project management, and international development and aid? Come use your knowledge and experience to be the communication link between departments. Systems include PeopleSoft, Tableau, ArcGIS, OnBase, and SharePoint.
A day in the life of a Business Process Manager:
At Samaritans Purse, the Gospel really is the center of all we do! We start each day with a time of devotions and spend time praying for each other, our staff and volunteers who serve around the globe.
In the role of Business Process Manager, you will have the opportunity to:
Maintain your personal relationship with Jesus Christ and be an effective witness for Him
Develop a deep understanding of field offices and the Projects Departments needs and operating environments and evaluate business processes, policies, and procedures. Determine areas for improvement, and develop and implement solutions.
Support and advise the Senior Management Team (SMT) to identify and implement new strategic short and long-term technology opportunities for the Projects department at IHQ and international field offices.
Maintain a working knowledge of existing technologies used to support Projects department business processes and field policies.
During the ERP design process, balance the logical flow of the ERP system with the promotion of efficient business processes. Advise on proposals for ERP configurations or customizations. When necessary, identify areas where field office operations can be consolidated, standardized, or amended in order to promote optimal ERP system functionality.
Facilitate analysis of technology needs by identifying relevant subject matter experts (SMEs), key end users, and other sources of information.
Work closely with IT to ensure alignment between departments and to initiate, prioritize, and facilitate forward progress of IT initiatives. Provide project management and oversight to the Business Systems Analyst.
Work closely with the Learning and Support Team to develop strategies for change management with the introduction of each new system, policy, procedure, or process.
All other duties as assigned
Learn more about serving with Samaritans Purse.
Qualifications & Experience:
Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Information Technology, or related field and four (4) to six (6) years of related experience. Experience in project management or Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred. Previous experience with software vetting, implementations, troubleshooting, maintenance, and utilization required; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
12 credit hours of college-level Biblical Studies (required); if not already completed, opportunity to meet and complete requirement is available upon hire.
Job Location: Boone, NC
Type: Regular, Full-Time
Language Requirement: Fluency in English (required)
Travel Expectations: Approximately 75 days annually; required travel documents and vaccinations for entry into foreign countries will be necessary
On-site Medical Clinic (staff and dependents)
Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
Long-term and Short-term disability insurance
Paid Family Medical Leave
Term Life Insurance
401(k) retirement savings plan
10 paid holidays
12 vacation/personal days
10 sick days
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe Gods plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
By joining our Talent Network, you’ll help give our recruiters a good idea of your calling, skills, and talents as openings become available ministry-wide.