Location: North Wilkesboro, NC, United States
Job ID: 14733
Date Posted: Oct 27, 2023
The Financial Coordinator supports World Medical Mission (WMM) partner hospitals by assisting employees and volunteers (physicians, dentists, and other personnel) in processing expense reimbursements associated with their ministry travel. The position will also be involved in project proposals, budgeting, and reporting. This position serves as cross-functional and will partner with other departments and programs throughout the Ministry to help Proclaim the Gospel.
A day in the life of a Financial Coordinator:
At Samaritans Purse, the Gospel really is the center of all we do! We start each day with a time of devotions and spend time praying for each other, our staff and volunteers who serve around the globe.
In the role of a Financial Coordinator for World Medical Mission, you will have the opportunity to:
Maintain your personal relationship with Jesus Christ and be an effective witness for Him
Processes employee and volunteer expense reimbursements. Ensures that volunteer data in the finance system matches the donor records.
Communicates to volunteers the expense reimbursement process for travel and clarifies any unanswered questions.
Processes payment requests and invoices to be paid per Samaritans Purse and vendor guidelines.
Assists in submitting proposals and project requests.
Assists in annual budgeting and monthly reporting process.
Serves as a liaison to coordinators, volunteers, and donors to aid in their understanding of World Medical Mission and Samaritans Purse ministries and how funds are utilized to meet Ministry goals.
Maintains current knowledge of expense reimbursement and budgeting policies and procedures.
Maintains a thorough knowledge of all WMM projects and activities in order to respond to general inquiries.
All other duties as assigned
Learn more about serving with Samaritans Purse.
Qualifications & Experience:
Associate's degree (A. A.) or Bachelor's preferred in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration. Equivalent experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered in lieu of degree specifics.
Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to create and interpret graphs
Working knowledge of database systems with the ability to compile and manage data
Excellent customer service skills
Ability to communicate in sensitive and confidential manner in challenging situations
Ability to manage time and organize daily responsibilities, shift direction, and work under time constraints
Ability to use with ease Microsoft Outlook including its functions and features
12 credit hours of college-level Biblical Studies (required); if not already completed, opportunity to meet and complete requirement is available upon hire. **If not required for the position, you can remove from the Job Ad
Job Location: North Wilkesboro, NC
Domestic Full Time:
On-site Medical Clinic (staff and dependents)
Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
Long-term and Short-term disability insurance
Paid Family Medical Leave
Term Life Insurance
401(k) retirement savings plan
10 paid holidays
12 vacation/personal days
* 10 sick days
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe Gods plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
By joining our Talent Network, you’ll help give our recruiters a good idea of your calling, skills, and talents as openings become available ministry-wide.