We are seeking a Livelihoods Program Manager to serve in one of our International Undisclosed offices. In the role of Livelihoods Program Manager, you are responsible for management of livelihoods programs with Samaritans Purse at this International office. You will provide overall leadership, management, technical guidance, and direction to ensure successful implementation of the program and achievement of program objectives. The Program Manager is accountable for both the quality of the program and for the effective financial and operational management.
A day in the life of a Livelihoods Program Manager
At Samaritans Purse, the Gospel really is the center of all we do! We start each day with a time of devotions and prayer. We hear from members of our staff, both from IHQ and our global offices, as well as special guest speakers who encourage us in Gods word. We then join together to pray for one another, as well as praying for staff and volunteers who serve around the globe. We get paid to start each day this way!
- Maintain your personal relationship with Jesus Christ and be an effective witness for Him
- Provide overall strategy and vision for the project while meeting project goals and objectives.
- Closely monitor project implementation activities and ensure that all activities are conducted in accordance with the agreed work-plans, proposals, guidelines and SOPs.
- Lead and successfully manage the implementation of livelihoods activities, including provision of small business grants and job creation and training.
- Ensure proper management, tracking, distribution, and reporting of all food commodities.
- Represent Samaritans Purse and the food assistance and livelihoods programs in partner and relevant cluster meetings.
- Aid in the development of plans and proposals for new food assistance and livelihoods programs.
- All other duties as assigned
Learn more about serving with Samaritans Purse.
Qualifications & Experience
- A personal, vibrant relationship with Jesus Christ and desire to continue being an active, consistent witness for Him.
- Bachelors degree from a 4-year college or university in Agriculture, Development, Business, Economics, or related field of study.
- 2-4+ years of technical working experience in development projects management in livelihoods/food or cash projects (required).
- Strong knowledge of livelihoods, food processing, or cash distributions.
- Experience in project management in various sectors including proposal writing, program development, implementation, and monitoring/evaluating methodologies.
- Experience managing a team of staff. Proven management and leadership experience.
- Strong project management, financial management, organizational, and relational skills. A strong team player and adept at creating a strong team spirit.
- Field experience in the Middle East or similar context and knowledge of the region is a strong asset. Ability to be flexible and adaptable.
Job Location: International Undisclosed
Language Requirement: Fluency in English (required) / Arabic (preferred)
Accompaniment: Unaccompanied (no spouses or dependents)
Travel Expectations: Ability to travel to field sites to monitor projects.
- Career with purpose!
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan (after 1 year)
- 10 paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- 12 vacation days per year
- Annual home leave