Location: North Wilkesboro, NC, United States
Job ID: 14694
Date Posted: Sep 29, 2023
This position is fundamental in the day-to-day shipping and receiving activities for our World Medical Missions Wilkesboro facility. Along with shipping and receiving responsibilities this position maintains records management for all World Medical Mission. Come use your coordination and planning skills to help respond with compassionate action to those in need around the world.
A Day in the Life of a Logistics Coordinator with World Medical Mission:
At Samaritans Purse, the Gospel really is the center of all we do! We start each day with a time of devotion and spend time praying for each other, our staff, and volunteers who serve around the globe.
In the role of Logistics Coordinator with World Medical Mission, you will have the opportunity to:
Maintain a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and be a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
Coordinate all World Medical Mission's shipping and receiving activities including sourcing and analyzing the best freight forwarder rates.
Coordinate all inbound and outbound transportation movements both domestic and international.
Maintain systems for tracking and shipping equipment and supplies, and serves as the primary contact for all aspects of Hazardous Materials (Dangerous Goods) for the World Medical Mission.
Build and maintain knowledge currency related to Hazardous Materials (Dangerous Goods) shipping requirements by land, air, and sea.
Assist Warehouse and Biomed Management and other staff members with the administrative support of shipping documentation and other records.
Create accurate invoices with required documentation for efficient transport/export and customs clearance, for domestic and global shipments promptly for our end-users.
Maintain accurate and timely record-keeping while following all World Medical Mission guidelines related to inventory to maintain operational readiness.
Follow the policies and procedures of Samaritans Purse as outlined in the Policy Manual.
Attend morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors, and volunteers.
Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
Other duties may be assigned that are not specifically identified within the content of the job description.
Learn more about serving with Samaritans Purse.
Qualifications & Experience:
Associate Degree (A.A.) from a two-year College or University; and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to think critically and make appropriate decisions.
Complete initial and recurrent Hazardous Materials (Dangerous Goods) training and certification to ensure ministry compliance with regulations related to the shipping of Hazardous Materials (Dangerous Goods).
Proficiency in Peoplesoft (or like system) inventory management module.
Familiarity with ISO and other industry standards.
Ability to meet deadlines, handle multiple projects, and work independently.
Proficiency in different software systems (including Adobe, Outlook, Word, Excel, and web browsers).
Job Location: North Wilkesboro, NC
On-site Medical Clinic (staff and dependents)
Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
Long-term and Short-term disability insurance
Paid Family Medical Leave
Term Life Insurance
401(k) retirement savings plan
10 paid holidays
12 vacation/personal days
10 sick days
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe Gods plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
By joining our Talent Network, you’ll help give our recruiters a good idea of your calling, skills, and talents as openings become available ministry-wide.