Job ID: 14672
Date Posted: Sep 20, 2023
Disaster Assistance Response Team (DART) Member with experience in Program Management & Development
DART members with experience in program management and development contribute their experience in the humanitarian and non-profit sector to provide aid to those in desperate crisis situations in some of the toughest locations around the world. These responders assist in providing essential services including clean water, food, shelter, non-food item distribution, and medical care, all in the name of Jesus! DART members who work in programs, in conjunction with the Team Leader, are responsible for planning, designing, and implementing all disaster response programmatic activities. They guide response related activities, including initial assessment, program strategy and implementation, monitoring & evaluation, reporting, grant management, and more. They have an understanding of humanitarian programming and seek to use their experience in accordance with Samaritans Purse standards to serve those in need.
DART Programmatic Sectors:
Water, Sanitation, & Hygiene (WASH)
Non-Food Items (NFI)
Healthcare (for medical professionals, see medical job postings)
The Samaritans Purse DART program is committed to meeting the critical needs of victims of war, poverty, famine, disease, and natural disaster. We stand ready to respond at a moments notice whenever and wherever disaster strikes. The DART specializes in meeting physical needs while sharing the Good News of Jesus Christ.
As deployments occur with little or no warning, DART members must have a flexible schedule and availability to deploy. DART members can be deployed to dangerous places, the living conditions can be challenging and the work days long and hard. However, Samaritans Purse believes in being the first on the ground in order to serve and help those who have suffered through a catastrophic event in the name of Jesus Christ.
How serving on the DART roster works:
DART members are contracted "on-call" employees. Their pay is activated when they are deployed to a response. Practically, this means that they have careers and life circumstances separate from DART, but when Samaritans Purse initiates a response, we call available DART members to respond and deploy. While a DART member is deployed, Samaritans Purse provides compensation and covers their response-related living and travel costs.
Applicable Careers and Career Fields (not exhaustive):
Food Security and Livelihoods
Shelter Program Management
Ministry Program Management
Senior Program Manager
Chief of Party
Emergency Preparedness and Management
Government and International Relations
Monitoring & Evaluation
Program Support Officer
Samaritans Purse is seeking to fill roles on the DART with flexible and service-oriented people with experience in program management and humanitarian aid.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must maintain a personal relationship with and be a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, as well as able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ; is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ
2-5 years proven work experience in applicable career field(s) is preferred
Bachelors degree from 4-year college or university or technical training in specific field preferred
Available on short notice for immediate 3-4-week deployment, 1-2 times/year
Able to serve within a very fast-paced environment, 7 days/week for extended hours while on deployment
Able to work as a member of a team, particularly cross-culturally
Demonstrated travel, volunteer or work experience in developing countries is preferred
Willingness to work in unstable, insecure areas
Teaching experience desirable, but not required
Type (Full-Time/Part-Time/Associate):Intermittent (On-Call)
Language Requirement:Fluency in Spanish and/or French, preferred.
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe Gods plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
By joining our Talent Network, you’ll help give our recruiters a good idea of your calling, skills, and talents as openings become available ministry-wide.