Location: Boone, NC, United States
Job ID: 14630
Date Posted: Aug 28, 2023
Samaritans Purse is seeking a General Accounting Specialist to join the Finance Team at our International Headquarters location in Boone, NC. As a General Accounting Specialist, you will be responsible for providing analysis and reconciliation of assigned bank accounts accurately and timely. Come join a ministry that demonstrates Biblical integrity while proclaiming the Gospel of Jesus Christ!
Supports the general accounting team through tracking and reporting key financial information related to Samaritans Purse operations. The position supports various members of the general accounting team dealing with both domestic and international financial operations.
A Day in the Life of a General Accounting Specialist:
At Samaritans Purse, the Gospel really is the center of all we do! We start each day with a time of devotion and spend time praying for each other, our staff, and volunteers who serve around the globe.
In the role of General Accounting Specialist, you will have the opportunity to:
Maintain your personal relationship with Jesus Christ and be an effective witness for Him
Follow through with analysis and reconciliation of assigned bank accounts.
Assists with preparation, filing, and payment of sales and use tax returns.
Provide coverage for daily bank account(s) reviews and appropriate processing of incoming electronic deposits.
Reconcile marketable stock and gift-in-kind donations and process entries to the general ledger.
Prepare and enter reclassification and other journal entries into the accounting system.
Assist General Accounting staff in their absence or as needed.
Follow the policies and procedures of Samaritans Purse as outlined in the Policy Manual.
Attend daily morning devotions and participates in prayer support for the ministry, donors, and volunteers.
Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
Other duties may be assigned that are not specifically identified within the content of the job description.
All other duties as assigned
Learn more about serving with Samaritans Purse.
Qualifications & Experience:
Bachelors degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university, preferably with a Finance, Accounting, or Business concentration; and one to three (3) years of related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience. Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software, including proficiency in Excel and Outlook.
Ability to compute and apply concepts such as rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Job Location: Boone, NC
Benefits: Full Time:
On-site Medical Clinic (staff and dependents)
Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
Long-term and Short-term disability insurance
Paid Family Medical Leave
Term Life Insurance
401(k) retirement savings plan
10 paid holidays
12 vacation/personal days
10 sick days
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe Gods plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
By joining our Talent Network, you’ll help give our recruiters a good idea of your calling, skills, and talents as openings become available ministry-wide.