If you are searching for a Career with Impact this is a unique opportunity to join the future global Samaritan's Purse team through the Samaritan's Purse Apprenticeship Program! We are now accepting applications for the International Apprenticeship Program - Spring 2024 cohort! The start date for this next cohort will be sometime in mid-January 2024.
A Day in the Life of an International Apprentice:
Samaritan's Purse exists to provide spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world in Jesus' name. We are searching for talented, high-capacity individuals who want to start a career with Samaritan's Purse and have a sense of God's calling on their lives to ministry and to serve internationally.
The Samaritan's Purse Apprenticeship Program is a strategic initiative designed to prepare and train the next generation of Samaritan's Purse's global workforce. The program will equip individuals with the necessary skills to serve in full-time roles in one of our international field offices. International Apprentice positions will be up to two years in length and include salary and benefits. The Apprenticeship aims to equip individuals for full-time work internationally by training and developing them in the needed competencies. However, full-time jobs are not guaranteed at the end of the two-year contract. The International Apprentice position would support various Samaritan's Purse field offices around the globe during the course of the program.
A great candidate for the Apprenticeship Program will have:
- A sense of calling to the ministry and long-term interest in the work of Samaritan's Purse
- An ability to problem solve and drive results
- Humility to do whatever task is required; willing to learn
- Ability to work under pressure and perform well in high-demand, high-volume work environments
To learn more about the Apprentice Program and hear about the program from current Apprentices click here.
International Apprentices must be able to commit to serving with Samaritans Purse for a minimum of 24 months.
Learn more about serving with Samaritan's Purse.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Maintain a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ
- Analytical, strategic thinking, and leadership skills
- Adaptable to working in a variety of international contexts
- Ability to develop and implement plans and solve problems independently
- Demonstrate strong organizational, communication (written and verbal), and networking skills
- Attend daily morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, donors, and volunteers
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university required
- Degrees and experience in the areas of health, finance, engineering, business, supply chain management, program management, operations, security, and international relations are preferred
- Proficiency in a foreign language, (namely French, Spanish, or Arabic), is preferred
- Prior international experience is strongly preferred
- Follow the policies and procedures of Samaritan's Purse as set forth in the Policy Manual
- 12 credit hours of college-level Biblical Studies
Apprentice positions serve the first 4 months (approximately) in Boone and North Wilkesboro, NC, in the initial training phases and then the remainder of their apprenticeship in one or more of our international field offices.
Language Requirement: English
Travel Expectations: The position requires frequent international travel, including extended placements in Samaritan's Purse international field offices.
International Employee Benefits
Employees who choose to work internationally get to take advantage of the following benefits:
- International medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Paid Family Medical Leave
- Retirement savings plan
- Paid holidays
- 12 vacation/personal days
- 10 sick days
- When at IHQ, on-site Medical Clinic
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
- We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
- We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
- We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
- We believe Gods plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
- We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
- We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)