Location: Edgemere, MD, United States
Job ID: 14246
Date Posted: Aug 30, 2023
Are you looking for a seasonal job with an eternal purpose? Do you enjoy working with a large team of volunteers and associates to accomplish a meaningful goal? Samaritans Purse is looking for warehouse workers who are passionate about the proclamation of the gospel to join our Operation Christmas Child (OCC) Processing Center Team!
A Day in the Life of an OCC Warehouse Team Member
INAPPROPRIATE ITEM COORDINATOR:
Assist with the training, coaching, and supervising of volunteers in the sorting, cartonizing, and labeling of items removed from gift-filled shoeboxes.
FORKLIFT TEAM MEMBER:
Load and unload shipping containers and facilitate the efficient movement of materials for processing purposes with the highest regard for volunteer, associate, and product safety. Must possess a current forklift certification.
DOCK TEAM MEMBER:
Repetitively lift cartons of shoebox gifts to load and unload shipment containers. Maintain the steady flow of processing lines by assisting with the stocking and palletizing of cartons and moving pallets with a pallet jack.
INVENTORY TEAM MEMBER:
Track inventory in accordance with OCC Processing Center policies and procedures.
MAIL PROCESSING TEAM MEMBER:
Assist with the daily mail deliveries in the processing center drop-off location. Unpack, cartonize, and palletize shoeboxes to be processed.
QUALITY CONTROL TEAM MEMBER:
Ensure optimum levels of quality by performing random quality control tests on processed product.
SCANNER TECH TEAM MEMBER:
Support OCC Follow Your Box tracking by printing, scanning, and assisting volunteers. Utilize the dashboard and monitor the scanner needs of the shoebox processing teams.
SANITATION TEAM MEMBER:
Maintain the cleanliness of volunteer areas, restrooms, break rooms, offices and any other areas designated by the OCC Processing Center Quality Control Manager.
Learn more about serving with Samaritans Purse.
Job Location: 2100 Sparrow's Point Blvd. Edgemere, MD 21219
Type of Employee: Associate / Temporary
Shift Hours: Monday-Saturday, 1st Shift 8:00am-3:45pm, 2nd Shift 3:00pm-10:30pm
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe Gods plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
By joining our Talent Network, you’ll help give our recruiters a good idea of your calling, skills, and talents as openings become available ministry-wide.