Location: Boone, NC, United States
Job ID: 14140
Date Posted: Aug 31, 2023
Are you looking for a seasonal job with an eternal purpose? Do you enjoy working with people and equipping them to accomplish a meaningful goal? The ministry of Samaritans Purse is looking for experienced customer service professionals who are passionate about the proclamation of the gospel to join our Operation Christmas Child (OCC) Processing Center Team!
A Day in the Life of an OCC Seasonal Customer Service Team Member
We are hiring for the following Volunteer Engagement positions:
FLOOR COORDINATOR TEAM MEMBER:
Work with Volunteer Placers to greet, direct, and place volunteer groups at open OCC processing tables.
GEAR STORE TEAM MEMBER:
Promote and facilitate the accurate sale of Samaritans Purse and Operation Christmas Child branded merchandise through an automated transaction system. Maintain accurate inventory counts and financial reports.
GIFT-IN-KIND TEAM MEMBER:
Document Gift-In-Kind donations and ensure adequate supply and delivery of GIK inventory. Train, coach, and supervise volunteers who serve in the GIK projects area.
GREETER TEAM MEMBER:
Greet and register volunteers serving using the volunteer management system. Answer questions and orient volunteers to the OCC processing center.
ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT TEAM MEMBER:
Work with the Processing Center Administrative Associate to manage volunteer reservations through the volunteer management system.
PARKING TEAM MEMBER:
Greet and direct all OCC volunteers and donors to appropriate parking spaces or drop-off locations. Answer volunteer questions and thank all volunteers and donors leaving the processing center.
DROP-OFF COORDINATOR TEAM MEMBER:
Receive and document shoebox donations. Represent OCC in a Christ-like manner and pray with shoebox donors.
Welcome, train, and coach volunteers to process shoebox gifts in accordance with OCC guidelines. Ensure a fun, productive, and memorable experience for each volunteer.
VOLUNTEER PLACER TEAM MEMBER:
Work with Floor Coordinator to greet and place volunteers at open OCC processing tables.
Learn more about serving with Samaritans Purse.
Pay Rate: $20.00 per hour
Job Location: Boone, NC
Type of Employee: Associate / Temporary
Employment Timeframe: Mid-November to Mid-December
Hours: 1st Shift 7:30am - 3:45pm; 2nd Shift 2:30pm - 10:30pm
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe Gods plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
By joining our Talent Network, you’ll help give our recruiters a good idea of your calling, skills, and talents as openings become available ministry-wide.