Location: Kyiv, Ukraine
Job ID: 14222
Date Posted: Jul 24, 2023
We are hiring a Warehouse Manager to oversee our warehouses in Ukraine. This role leads all warehouse staff in providing high quality warehousing management practices. The Manager ensures staff safety in the warehouses is kept as a top priority and that accountability on all materials and commodities is maintained at an unquestionable level. The Warehouse Manager designs and leads staff capacity building strategies and provides technical guidance to staff on a daily basis. This role also contributes to the improvement and development of warehousing management forms, reporting templates, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and manuals. This role works in close coordination with WFP Logistics, the Food Program Manager, and all other operations and programmatic staff who require utilization of warehouse space.
A day in the life of a Warehouse Manager in Ukraine:
At Samaritans Purse, the Gospel really is the center of all we do! We start each day with a time of devotions and spend time praying for each other, our staff and volunteers who serve around the globe.
In the role of Warehouse Manager, you will have the opportunity to:
Maintain your personal relationship with Jesus Christ and be an effective witness for Him
Manages the warehouse security plan and process, including security systems and personnel.
Designs, implements and maintains an effective warehouse systems and temporary storage of all project materials and supplies before and during transition to the field.
Creates and ensures productivity targets are met and addressed as needed.
Assists with the preparation of the annual warehouse budget and assists with management of warehouse budget.
Oversees the management of the transportation chain of supplies to the field.
Coordinates accurate warehouse inventory and reporting.
Conducts physical counts of products and reconciles with data to maintain adequate inventory levels.
Communicates inventory updates and receipt of supplies with appropriate Samaritans Purse Staff.
Ensures that all safety procedures and policies are followed in the warehouse.
Acts as point person for facilitating the receiving of all international and domestic orders.
Acts as a focal point for goods being received.
Communicates with operations and programs teams to determine and understand specifications of each delivery as needed to ensure accurate receipt and planning of items arriving.
Plans the arrangement of materials and supplies for easy organization, identification, accessibility and distribution. Setup layout and ensure efficient space utilization
Oversees the training and safe operation of forklifts and other warehouse equipment for supply movement and organization.
Coordinates inventory projections in cooperation with Program Managers for appropriate program planning
Coordinates general maintenance of machinery used in the warehouse and perform frequent inspections of equipment
Oversee the ordering of warehouse specific supplies
All other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Experience:
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university in Logistics Management or a related discipline and seven (7) or more years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of experience and education
Thorough knowledge of inventory management systems and third party shipping
General knowledge of warehouse management procedures
Working knowledge of best safety practices
Thorough knowledge of supply chain management
General knowledge of domestic and international transportation processes
Thorough knowledge of forklift operations and warehouse equipment use and safety measures
Ability to network and build relationships with government, civil society, and community partners.
12 credit hours of college-level Biblical Studies (required)
Job Location: Kyiv, Ukraine
Language Requirement: Fluency in English (required) Restrictions (Accompanied/Non-Accompanied): Non-Accompanied
Travel Expectations: domestic travel within Ukraine approximately 50-90 days/annually; required travel documents and vaccinations for entry into foreign countries will be necessary
International medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
Paid Family Medical Leave
Retirement savings plan
12 vacation/personal days
10 sick days
Annual Home Leave
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe Gods plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
By joining our Talent Network, you’ll help give our recruiters a good idea of your calling, skills, and talents as openings become available ministry-wide.