Location: Baltimore, MD, United States
Job ID: 14115
Date Posted: Apr 27, 2023
Are you looking for a seasonal job with an eternal purpose? Do you enjoy working with people and helping them reach their God-given potential? Samaritan’s Purse is looking for servant leaders who are passionate about the proclamation of the gospel to join our Operation Christmas Child Processing Center Management Team!
A Day in the Life of an OCC Processing Center Management Team Member
At Samaritan’s Purse, the gospel is the center of all that we do! Serve as an OCC Processing Center Management Team Member, and you will have the opportunity to:
This is a full-time (40+ hours per week including Saturdays), seasonal commitment that runs from mid-November through mid-December. Applicants must be at least 18 years of age, possess previous management experience, and have a heart to serve in a hands-on ministry. Screening requirements include a social media review, pastoral and professional references, and a criminal background check (upon acceptance of offer).
We are hiring for the following management roles:
QUALITY CONTROL MANAGER
Manages the teams and operations that support the processing of shoebox gifts and ensures an optimum level of quality control. This role requires warehouse experience, organizational skills, the ability to multitask, basic computer/technology competency, and the heart to work as a servant leader with teams of associates and volunteers.
Oversees the volunteer registration process. This role requires strong leadership skills, an ability to engage and direct a high volume of volunteers, proficiency in basic computer skills, and the ability to inspire and coach a team that will provide an excellent volunteer experience for everyone who serves with OCC.
Oversees the processing of OCC shoebox gifts. This position is responsible for the training, coaching and oversight of the team that works hands-on with volunteers and ensures the efficient processing of shoeboxes and an excellent volunteer experience. This position requires a heart to work as a servant leader, an ability to manage a large team, excellent organizational skills, and the ability to lift up to 50lbs.
Oversees the outbound shipments of OCC shoebox gifts. This position is responsible for the management of the outbound shipping container schedule, the loading of processed inventory, and the accurate completion of shipping paperwork. This position requires strong leadership skills, basic computer/technology competency, and the ability to train and coach a seasonal team. Knowledge of shipping and operations is preferred.
Oversees the inbound shipments of OCC shoeboxes and other inventory. This position is responsible for the unloading, tracking, storage and movement of OCC shoeboxes into the processing area. This position requires strong leadership skills, basic computer/technology competency, and the ability to train and coach a seasonal team. Knowledge of receiving and operations is preferred.
Learn more about serving with Samaritan’s Purse.
Pay Rate: $25.00 per hour
Hours: 1st Shift 7:30am-4:30pm; 2nd Shift 2:30pm-10:30pm M-Sat
Job Location: Baltimore, MD Area
Type of Employee: Associate / Temporary
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
By joining our Talent Network, you’ll help give our recruiters a good idea of your calling, skills, and talents as openings become available ministry-wide.