Location: Boone, NC, United States
Job ID: 14039
Date Posted: May 31, 2023
Samaritan's Purse is seeking a Roving Finance Manager, for our International Projects who will join us in serving with excellence across our various International locations. The Finance Manger will provide support in international field offices and as parta Disaster Assistance Response Team (DART), with administraion and management of assigned projects, including review of procurement and expenditure documentation and ensuring appropriate reporting. The Finance Manager will require frequent international travel inlcuding quick deployments and potential extended placements.
A day in the life of a Roving Finance Manger:
At Samaritan’s Purse, the Gospel really is the center of all we do! We start each day with a time of devotions and spend time praying for each other and our staff and volunteers who serve around the globe.
In the role of Roving Finance Manager, you will have the opportunity to:
Maintain a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
Travel to field offices and temporary project sites to provide financial management support. Deploy in response to an emergency situation with a DART or serve on the IHQ-based Incident Management Team as needed.
When deployed to a field office or DART, maintain detailed, accurate records for all financial transactions in an organized and professional manner. Perform daily functions including recording all cash, check and bank transfer transactions, maintain cash and bank ledgers, monitor cash advances and field expense reports, reconcile cash on hand and monthly bank reconciliation.
Provide required monthly reports by specified deadlines to the line manager as assigned. Review and approve transactions for SP field operations based in the region as appropriate includes vouchers, FERs, bid justifications, and transfers.
Create reports for project activity documenting the compliance of awarding agency requirements pertaining to all financial and procurement matters.
Provide general financial backstopping, such as monitoring expenditures vs. budget, to ensure that financial functions support the timely and efficient implementation of programs and expenditures are consistent to awarding agency policies.
Actively participate in mentoring and training of assigned field and IHQ staff on procedure and regulations pertaining to finance management. Travel to field sites as needed and assigned.
Follow policies and procedures of Samaritan’s Purse.
Other duties may be assigned that are not specifically identified within the content of the job description.
Learn more about serving with Samaritan’s Purse.
Qualifications & Experience
Job Location: International Headquarters Boone, NC
Type (Full-Time/Part-Time/Associate): Full-Time
Language Requirement: Fluency in English (required)
Travel Expectations: 50-70% annually
Domestic – Full Time:
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
By joining our Talent Network, you’ll help give our recruiters a good idea of your calling, skills, and talents as openings become available ministry-wide.