This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 13968
Date Posted: Jun 2, 2023
Do you like to solve puzzles? Are you gifted in logistics? Samaritan’s Purse is looking for an International Logistics Specialist to serve with Operation Christmas Child International in Boone, NC or Charlotte, NC. We are looking for someone with passion for serving others and expertise in exportation, all for the sake of the Gospel. Join the team and use your gifts and talents to help gospel opportunity shoe boxes reach children across the world!
A day in the life of an International Logistics’ Specialist:
At Samaritan’s Purse, the Gospel really is the center of all we do! We start each day with a time of devotions and spend time praying for each other, our staff and volunteers who serve around the globe.
In the role of International Logistics’ Specialist, you will have the opportunity to:
• Maintain your personal relationship with Jesus Christ and be an effective witness for Him
• Lead and provide direct guidance and accountability for a global standard of leadership teams in order to mitigate the ministry’s risk in the core areas of readiness to ship, exoneration, secondary delivery sites, and inventory management
• Provide regional logistics expertise and management in two (2) regions, which accounts for roughly 20-30% of global shipments
• Develop and implement ocean carrier contracts of complex, multi-site loading plans, and execution of detailed shipping instructions to freight forwarders and tracking of containers to mitigate ministry financial risk
• Manage the movement and customs clearance process for shipments annually (global standard), by working with freight forwarders, international clearing agents and national leadership teams to facilitate documentation and successful passage of material containers ministry through international customs
• Travel annually to meet with international business partners and government officials and communicate the Samaritan’s Purse-OCC project in an appropriate manner in order to safeguard importation channels
• Consolidate in-country transportation quotes, manage payment and budget of secondary delivery site
• Perform translation, currency conversion, detailed audit, coding, and processing of invoices annually for destination clearance and port related expenses
• Maintain departmental database of detailed country-specific documentation requirements and standard operating procedures necessary for efficient movement of international gift box and ministry material shipments
• Support the ministry’s efforts to develop and analyze importation processes through facilitating pre- & post-importation meetings, and managing issues surfaced during meetings
• Direct leadership and management at targeted processing centers that may include relocating to a processing center for 4-5 weeks to manage shipping operations
• Manage intermodal freight transportation
• All other duties as assigned
Learn more about serving with Samaritan’s Purse.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year College or university; and three-five years’ experience with international shipping, primarily with sea containers; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Comprehensive understanding and problem-solving skills in international shipping/air freight, government tax/duty exemptions, customs clearance challenges, ocean carrier documentation process and shipment deliveries
• Thorough knowledge of complex government import approval processes
• Familiarity and experience in intermodal freight transportation
• Advanced experience with Microsoft office suite
• 12 credit hours of college-level Biblical Studies (required); if not already completed, opportunity to meet and complete requirement is available upon hire.
Job Location: Boone, NC or Charlotte, NC
Language Requirement: Fluency in English (required); secondary language preferred
Travel Expectations: 35-40 days/annually; required travel documents and vaccinations for entry into foreign countries will be necessary
• On-site Medical Clinic (staff and dependents)
• Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
• Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
• Long-term and Short-term disability insurance
• Paid Family Medical Leave
• Term Life Insurance
• 401(k) retirement savings plan
• 10 paid holidays
• 12 vacation/personal days
• 10 sick days
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
By joining our Talent Network, you’ll help give our recruiters a good idea of your calling, skills, and talents as openings become available ministry-wide.