This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Blue Springs, MO, United States
Job ID: 13825
Date Posted: Feb 2, 2023
Are you looking for an opportunity to use your communication and administrative skills to help send the gospel to children and families around the world? Operation Christmas Child, a ministry of Samaritan’s Purse, is searching for a Regional Administrative Associate to serve in the Kansas City, MO field office. Come join an amazing team and be a part of advancing God’s Kingdom to the nations!
A day in the life of a Regional Administrative Associate:
At Samaritan’s Purse, the Gospel really is the center of all we do! We start each day with a time of devotions and spend time praying for each other, our staff and volunteers who serve around the globe.
In the role of Regional Administrative Associate, you will have the opportunity to:
• Maintain your personal relationship with Jesus Christ and be an effective witness for Him
• Oversee all data management for the region, including: maintaining volunteer data and all paperwork and data related to the collection network; coordinate the timely submission of the Collection Center closure packets following National Collection Week
• Participate in the leading of office volunteers. Provide direction to the ROA, office volunteers and associates to support staff and the region at large
• Provide office management oversight with regard to supplies, equipment and promotional materials
• Facilitate all aspects of communication from the regional office including phone inquiries and responses, emails, special mailings and region-wide announcements. Respond to special requests from staff and volunteers
• Ensure support for local and regional volunteer events through preparation of materials, submission of contracts and other related paperwork
• Manage travel and expense reporting for staff as needed
• Participate in regional strategic planning and serve on a field committee
• Fulfill other administrative duties and responsibilities as outlined in the PC Manual and directed by the PC Manager
• All other duties as assigned
Check out why people love serving with Samaritan’s Purse
Qualifications & Experience:
• Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; and two to four years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Highly detail oriented with an ability to multitask
• Effective leader in daily management of an office
• Humble self-starter who strives for team unity
• Customer service and cross-cultural communication experience
• Prior experience as an office manager or executive assistant (preferred)
Job Location: Blue Spring, Missouri/ Kansas City, Missouri
Type: Temporary – Full time – 3 months
Language Requirement: Fluency in English
Travel Expectations: None
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
By joining our Talent Network, you’ll help give our recruiters a good idea of your calling, skills, and talents as openings become available ministry-wide.