Location: Boone, NC, United States
Job ID: 13718
Date Posted: Sep 21, 2022
Are you gifted with creative content skills? Do you have experience with content sourcing, creation and distributions strategies? Operation Christmas Child, a ministry of Samaritan’s Purse, is hiring a Content Manager at the IHQ in Boone, NC. Come join an incredible team and leverage your skills for eternal impact!
A day in the life of a Content Manager:
At Samaritan’s Purse, the Gospel really is the center of all we do! We start each day with a time of devotions and spend time praying for each other, our staff and volunteers who serve around the globe.
In the role of Content Manager, you will have the opportunity to:
• Maintain your personal relationship with Jesus Christ and be an effective witness for Him
• Manage the Operation Christmas Child marketing content, sourcing, emails, processing centers and traditional media
• Oversee all the production request in collaboration with multiple departments by ensuring request are submitted, routed and provide final delivery for all departments
• Coordinate content and story collection with multiple teams for both large and small events hosted by Operation Christmas Child
• Maintain the storage, organization and direction of content database
• Serve as the primary source for any Operation Christmas Child content request and share accordingly
• Schedule various photoshoots as needed for to organize and fulfill image request
• Represent Operation Christmas Child at meetings to ensure all video and audio request meet the desired outcome and usage
• Provide ongoing reporting and analysis on content usage and engagement across all channels for content updating the at large Operation Christmas Child staff and other department
• Strategize and research new creative content ideas for overall promotion of Operation Christmas Child
• Serves in a role in Processing center at the discretion of OCC leadership for a minimum of week during the four to six-week shoebox processing season in November and December which may require temporary relocation to a Processing Center city.
• All other duties as assigned
Learn more about serving with Samaritan’s Purse: https://careers.samaritanspurse.org/pages/working-with-us.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing or related field, from a four-year college or University and four to six years of digital marketing experience; or equivalent combination experience an education.
• High level knowledge of overall marketing strategy, channels, tools and promotional resources
• General knowledge of the following: creative production process, asset development, digital analytics – social media, email performance and Google analytics
• Strong attention to detail and thorough communication skills
• Ability to multitask
• Collaborative team player
• 12 credit hours of college-level Biblical Studies
Job Location: Boone, NC
Language Requirement: Fluency in English (required)
Travel Expectations: Approximately 25 days annually
• On-site Medical Clinic (staff and dependents)
• Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
• Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
• Long-term and Short-term disability insurance
• Paid Family Medical Leave
• Term Life Insurance
• 401(k) retirement savings plan
• 10 paid holidays
• 12 vacation/personal days
• 10 sick days
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
By joining our Talent Network, you’ll help give our recruiters a good idea of your calling, skills, and talents as openings become available ministry-wide.