If you are searching for a Career with Impact this is a unique opportunity to join the future global Samaritan’s Purse team through the Samaritan’s Purse Apprenticeship Program! We are now accepting applications for the International Apprenticeship Program - Spring 2023 cohort! The start date for this next cohort is February 1, 2023.
A day in the life of an International Apprentice:
We are searching for talented, high-capacity individuals that want to start a career with Samaritan's Purse and have a sense of God's calling on their lives to ministry and to serving internationally. Samaritan’s Purse exists to provide spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world in Jesus’ name. The Samaritan’s Purse Apprenticeship Program is a strategic initiative designed to prepare and train the next generation of Samaritan’s Purse’s global workforce. The Program will equip individuals with the necessary skills to serve in full-time roles in one of our many international field office. International Apprentice positions will be up to 2 years in length and include salary and benefits. The express purpose of the apprenticeship is to equip individuals for full-time work internationally. It is the expectation that Apprentices will successfully gain the needed competencies throughout training, in order to be qualified for full-time positions; however, a job is not guaranteed at the end of their 2 year contract. The International Apprentice position would support various Samaritan’s Purse field offices around the globe during the course of the Program.
A great candidate for the Apprenticeship Program will have:
- A sense of calling to the ministry and long-term interest in the work of Samaritan’s Purse
- An ability to problem solve and drive results
- Humility to do whatever task is required
- Ability to work under pressure and perform well in high-demand, high-volume work environments
To learn more about the Apprentice Program and hear about the Program from current Apprentices click here.
The position requires frequent international travel, including extended placements in Samaritan’s Purse international field offices.
The International Apprentice needs to be able to commit to serving with Samaritan’s Purse for a minimum of 24 months.
Check out why people love serving with Samaritan’s Purse: https://bit.ly/2F8Nom5
Qualifications & Experience:
- Maintain a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Analytical, strategic thinking, and leadership skills.
- Demonstrates being teachable by showing humility, asking questions and learning from others, respecting others’ opinions, and responding appropriately to feedback.
- Adaptable to working in a variety of international contexts by remaining positive and constructive under stress, adjusting to changing priorities, building cross-cultural relationships, adapting to cultural differences, and respecting all staff.
- Ability to develop and carry out plans and solve problems independently.
- Strong organizational, communication (written and verbal), and networking skills.
- Follow policies and procedures of Samaritan’s Purse as set forth in the Policy Manual.
- Attend daily morning devotions and participates in prayer support for the ministry, donors and volunteers.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university.
- Prior international experience strongly preferred.
- 12 credit hours of college-level Biblical Studies.
Apprentice positions serve the first 4 months (approximately) in Boone and North Wilkesboro, NC, in the initial training phases and then the remainder of their apprenticeship in one or more of our international field offices.
Language Requirement: English
Travel Expectations: The position requires frequent international travel, including extended placements in Samaritan’s Purse international field offices.
International Employee Benefits
Employees who choose to work internationally get to take advantage of the following benefits:
- International medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Paid Family Medical Leave
- Retirement savings plan
- Paid holidays
- 12 vacation/personal days
- 10 sick days
- When at IHQ, on-site Medical Clinic
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
- We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
- We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
- We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
- We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
- We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
- We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)