A day in the life of a Senior Programs Manager:
Are you seeking a career in which your days will be centered men, women, and children in need? We are seeking a Senior Programs Manager to serve on our team in Aden, Yemen. You will lead, support, coordinate, and provide leadership to our total relief and recovery programs in Yemen. Come serve with a high level of integrity! Join us today!
In the role of Senior Programs Manager, you will have the opportunity to:
- Supervises and oversees the Program Managers. Conduct appraisals and encourages professional development
- Develops new projects that align with the organization’s in-country strategy and seeks available opportunities alongside the Program Managers and the Program Developmet Officer
- Liaises with International Headquarters’ (IHQ) technical advisors when needed
- Supports the Program Manager in design and execution of assessments, including baselines, midlines, and endlines
- Shepherds the sub-agreement process with respective government authorities in coordination with access team
- Professionally represents Samaritan’s Purse at meetings with government, donor, and civil society partners.
- Actively and strategically engages with stakeholders to increase support and publicity for Samaritan’s Purse Programming
- Supports in the development of program job descriptions for new programs. Helps identify new team members who align with the Field Office mission and values
- All other duties as assigned
Learn more about serving with Samaritan’s Purse.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year accredited university in Business, Economics, Health and Nutrition, Food Security, WASH, or related field and at least five (5) years related experience and/or training working with multi-sector programs (Food, Security and Livelihoods, Health, or WASH); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong organizational, time management, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to be flexible, patient, and adaptable
- Thorough knowledge of the funding priorities and requirements of external grantors
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse team in a high-pressure environment and create strong team spirit
- Strong interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to communicate and interact well with people of different ethnic, linguistic, cultural, and socio-economic backgrounds
Job Location: Aden, Yemen
Language Requirement: Fluency in English (required); Arabic strongly preferred
Travel Expectations: Required travel documents and vaccinations for entry into foreign countries will be necessary
- International medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Paid Family Medical Leave
- Retirement savings plan
- Paid holidays
- 12 vacation/personal days
- 10 sick days
- When at IHQ, on-site Medical Clinic (staff and dependents)