Location: Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 13493
Date Posted: Aug 18, 2022
A Day in the Life of an OCC Mail Processor
on processing donations and requests during our busiest season to
A brief description of positions you may be considered for:
Sorts items for deposit.
Will sit for the majority of the shift and be able to lift up to 30 lbs.
Responsible for the final preparations of the donation deposits for each shift.
Completes all documentation that accompanies each deposit and insure all in-house records are accurate and current.
Must have a working knowledge of Excel spreadsheets, be exceptionally accurate, and detail-oriented
Will stand for the majority of the shift and lift up to 50 lbs.
Sorts the mail and other items to be distributed through the process.
Conducts the initial identification of the loose donations that are ready for normal processing and the checks that need further attention from the special situations processor by using an eight-point checklist to identify checks that have issues to be addressed.
KEY – INPUT PROCESSOR
Has access to the computer system to verify the correct dollar amounts checked against the actual checks and envelopes in the batches.
Needs superior 10-key pad skills; 5,000 wpm.
Sits all day.
LEAD - Mail, Sort, Scanner and Key Input
Lead roles for Mail Processing are Cash Processor Lead, Sort Lead, Scanner Lead and Key Input Lead. These positions oversee their areas.
Leads spend a large portion of their day standing and walking among the associates, answering questions, and directing workflow in their specific areas.
Processes approximately 150 documents per minute utilizing Canon CR 190 tabletop scanner.
Able to lift up to 20 lbs.
Standing and/or sitting position.
Captures information and images of checks to be verified later by data processing.
Responsible for sorting the contents of the envelopes that have been opened by the slitter operator.
Sorts items into trays that are taken to capture any donor information on envelopes.
Sorts checks based on the eight-point checklist.
Forwards any checks with issues -to the special situations processor.
Majority of the shift is sitting.
Responsible for envelope disposal; ensuring they are appropriately shredded.
Requires associate to stand for the majority of the shift.
Receives all the envelopes that are sorted by the initial sorter.
Places envelopes in the slitter machine to open, so that they can be easily processed by the secondary sorters.
Ensures the contents of the envelopes are not damaged.
Requires associate to stand the majority of the shift, and lift up to 50 lbs.
SPECIAL SITUATIONS PROCESSOR
Reviews checks and donor information that cannot be processed directly from the initial and secondary sorting stations.
Upon review of the checks, ensure any checks requiring further review are sent to the Boone mail processing or to donor ministries, as appropriate.
Responsible for reviewing all shoebox-related correspondence that is received into the OCC mailroom.
The majority of the shift is sitting.
Moves cartons of checks/envelopes to and from each section as work is completed.
Stands/walks for the duration of the shift.
Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
Verifies and corrects amounts on keyed items when flagged
Responsible for correcting and keying information found on the checks MICR line
Corrects out of balance batches by verifying, adding, deleting or keying incorrect items to bring batches into balance.
Keeps track of each of these cases
Passes a 10 key test
QC SORT TEAM
Move around the room and picks up ripped paper that has been discarded in a bin
Makes sure there’s not money being thrown away by accident.
Will be standing and walking around
FOR ALL POSITIONS:
Check out why people love serving with Samaritan’s Purse: https://bit.ly/2F8Nom5
Job Location: Charlotte, NC
Type of Employee: Associate / Temporary
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
By joining our Talent Network, you’ll help give our recruiters a good idea of your calling, skills, and talents as openings become available ministry-wide.