IT Program Manager
Who are We:
Samaritan's Purse (SP) is a non-denominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. For over 40 years, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ.
We have an incredible new opportunity for an experienced Program and Solutions Implementation Manager to join our internal IT team! This Program and Implementations we are working on stand at the forefront of progress in the non-profit Christian IT arena. This Program Manager will have a large sphere of influence Globally in our IT department responsible for acting as the lead liaison between outside Software Vendors and internal Application Development Teams to implement new Software solutions to our existing IT environment. Additionally, the Manager will assess IT and Business resource requirements, track solutions delivery, create and maintain accurate high level IT solutions reporting, and complete User Acceptance and Unit Testing. The ideal candidate would be a highly organized technically minded, and forward leaning IT Manager who enjoys solving complex IT and Cloud based solutions issues, and has good interpersonal communications skills to interact with multiple external vendors and internal IT Leaders. If you are searching more than just a job, but a Career with lasting impact, come see how we accomplish that!
- Preferably 5+ years of IT Program and Solutions Implementation Management experience preferably supporting an Enterprise IT Program.
- Acts as a Program Manager and Implementation Manager to track organization wide technology needs and solutions delivery, with involvement in technology aspects of IT projects from concept to delivery.
- Serves as a liaison between IT and other supported departments within the organization to provide needs assessment and subsequent design, development, delivery, and maintenance of technology solutions.
- Assesses resource requirements of technology projects and recommends to IT project teams if varying projects should be staffed internally or outsourced.
- Completes in-depth analysis of possible Software Solutions, completing cost benefit analysis, and recommended new solutions to IT leadership.
- Plays a lead role in completing User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Functional Testing, and Unit Testing of new Software solutions utilizing manual testing (i.e TestCafe) and other tools.
- Utilizes tools such as Tabluea and Power BI (or similar tools) extensively for Data Visualization and Business Analytic tasks.
- Utilizes existing and emerging Reporting Software including Crystal Reports.
- Preferred exposure to AWS, Azure, or similar Cloud platforms.
- Utilizes Cloud based Work Management and Project Management tools (i.e Workfront, etc.).
- Functions as the Lead liaison between outside Software Vendors and internal Application Development Team.
- Solely Responsible for leading additional Projects as needed functioning as a Project Manager.
- Provides oversight of the developers with the implementation of outsourced solutions and code.
- Provides project management as necessary.
- Maintains relevant metrics to assist IT management with assessing effective use of technology resources.Willing and able to work at both a strategic and tactical level.
Maintains effective organizational and interpersonal skills including written and verbal communication skills.
Maintains the ability to serve as technical security expert across the organization.
Oversee enforcement of policies, procedures and associated plans for system and end user security administration based on industry-standard best practices.
- Faithfully upholds the ministry in prayer.
- Maintains a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Consistently participates in daily staff devotions.
- Demonstrate behavior aligned with SP’s Mission Statement, Statement of Faith, Hallmarks, policies, and expectations.
- Effectively represents Jesus Christ to those within both personal and professional spheres of influence.
- Design and Implement Continuous Integration workflows for Infrastructure.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
Certifications/Additional (Not Required):
- Helpful Certifications: PMP
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 10884