International Human Resources Advisor
Samaritan's Purse is a non-denominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. For over 40 years, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. If you are searching for a Career with Impact come see how we serve! Samaritan’s Purse has an opening for an International Human Resources Advisor in our Human Resources Department.
Description of Job duties:
- Act as an advisor to the international field office human resource teams.
- Provide sound, technical advice to international field HR staff.
- Proactively utilize human resource metrics to identify and analyze areas of opportunity and translate data into meaningful plans.
- Serve as a liaison between international field HR staff and HR subject matter experts across the organization in order to find innovative solutions to human resource needs.
- Make a connection for and between international field HR mangers and resources within IHQ HR
- Assist international field HR staff with engaging technical resources and advisors
- Maintain ongoing supportive relationships with international field HR staff
- Promote and share consistent HR best practices and processes.
- Create an avenue and an atmosphere where international field HR mangers can share and collaborate best practices across country office locations.
- Share and help to maintain international best-practice standards within country offices while contextualizing for local laws, regulations and culture
- Examine and consolidate the many approaches used around the world
- Serve as support and a resource to the Projects department during DART operations and for the set-up of new international field offices.
- Assist international field HR, the Projects training team, and SP Learning & Development with facilitating training on HR related topics
Competencies & Skills:
- HR Technical Knowledge - proven understanding of core HR practices, processes and data.
- Problem-Solving/Analysis - ability to proactively identify areas of opportunity and to provide resourceful and creative solutions to improve business processes and achieve results.
- Business and Financial Acumen
- Strategic Thinking
- Continuous Improvement (processes, technology, productivity)
- Takes Initiative
- Project/Time Management - ability to manage multiple tasks under pressure and without direct supervision
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- High degree of diplomacy and discretion handling confidential and sensitive information
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to interact with and understand motivations of employees from many countries and cultures
- Strong analytical and leadership skills to handle a variety of activities and complexities spanning the organization
- Ability to skillfully influence without authority
- Collaboration skills
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams across the organization
- Strong team player with a high degree of flexibility
- Willing and able to work at both a strategic and tactical level
- Effective organizational and interpersonal skills including written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional facilitation and presentation skills
- Bachelor’s degree with major in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field and five or more years’ related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Thorough grasp of HR policy and procedures needed, with experience managing HR compliance and reporting.
- International HR experience and travel preferred.
- Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
Employees who work in the U.S. get to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays
- Ten or more days of vacation depending on years of service
- Ten sick/personal days
- Staff discounts at retail stores and service providers in the Boone area and nationwide
Frequently Asked Questions regarding an application for employment with Samaritan’s Purse: http://careers.samaritanspurse.org/faqs
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 8944-1