Internal Audit Manager
Samaritan's Purse is a non-denominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. For over 40 years, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. If you are searching for a Career with Impact come see how we serve! Samaritan’s Purse has an opening for a Manager, Internal Audit in our Internal Audit Department.
Supervise Internal Audit staff as approved by the Chief Executive Officer and the Audit Committee
Description of Job duties:
- Assist the Director in establishing departmental policies and procedures.
- Perform and direct technical and administrative activities.
- Assist the Director in developing and executing a comprehensive audit plan.
- Use risk assessment to determine the frequency of reviews.
- Assist the Director in conducting financial, operational and information systems audits and reviews to ascertain:
- The effectiveness and adequacy of internal controls.
- The accuracy of financial records and standards of performance.
- Compliance with established policies, and procedures.
- Compliance with laws, regulations, etc. applicable to Samaritan's Purse.
- Measures taken to safeguard Samaritan's Purse assets.
- Under the direction of the Director, prepare written reports for audits and reviews; evaluate plans to for corrective action; follow up on plans.
- Under the direction of the Director, assist external auditors in conducting the annual audit of Samaritan's Purse financial records.
- Assist the Director in coordinating work with Samaritan's Purse external auditors and Samaritan's Purse staff for Management Letter reporting and development of Samaritan's Purse response to the Management Letter.
- Assist in developing a recommendation for Areas of Special Emphasis review.
- Assist, as needed, in conducting the Area of Special Emphasis review, and coordinate work with staff for Area of Special Emphasis reporting.
- Assist the Director in coordinating Samaritan's Purse annual Conflict of Interest follow-up and reporting.
- Keep up-to-date on current trends and developments in accounting, internal audit, technology, through continuing education and business publications.
- Assist the Director in conducting special studies.
- Perform monthly review of internal financial statements.
- Protect and maintain information acquired in a confidentiality manner.
- Assist the Director in the hiring, training, and supervising of Internal Audit Staff.
- Monitor financial and business publications for news, upcoming events, etc. related to Samaritan's Purse.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university in Accounting, Business or Finance; Helpful - Certified Public Accountant, Certified Internal Auditor, and/or Certified Information Systems Auditor
- Minimum of five years’ experience in audit and minimum of two years supervisory experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have intermediate computer skills.
- Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred
- Must be able to maintain positive working relationships with management and staff during audits and avoid adversarial situations.
- Able to meet deadlines through self-initiative and motivation
- Able to work independently, with minimal supervision and support staff
- Able to problem-solve, make independent decisions, prepare reports and presentations.
- Able to travel approximately 7-10 weeks internationally and 1-3 weeks domestically per year to conduct audits and reviews independently in situations and surroundings that may be unfamiliar (15-25% per year).
- Able to work tactfully with others, displaying integrity, discernment, sound judgement and confidentiality
- Able to convey a courteous, positive and professional image to others
Employees who work in the U.S. get to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays
- Ten or more days of vacation depending on years of service
- Ten sick/personal days
- Staff discounts at retail stores and service providers in the Boone area and nationwide
Frequently Asked Questions regarding an application for employment with Samaritan’s Purse: http://careers.samaritanspurse.org/faqs
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 8881-1