Information & Communications Officer
Hurricane Irma and Maria left the islands of Antigua/Barbuda and Dominica devastated. Samaritan’s Purse is currently providing clean water and shelters to islanders recovering from the aftermath of these natural disasters. Help demonstrate the love of Christ in a tangible way by serving as an Information & Communications Officer on Antigua/Barbuda!
As Information & Communications Officer, you will have the opportunity to prepare internal reports, design and implement country-level communications strategy, and highlight the work of Samaritan's Purse in Antigua/Barbuda & Dominica through impact stories and social media platforms (i.e. Twitter and Instagram).
*This position is unable to accommodate a family or spouse
- Gather information and conduct research to write regular situation reports (and other internal reports as needed) updating the leadership team in the field and at IHQ on Samaritan's Purse programs, security incidents, and other pertinent issues.
Field Communications Development
- Frequently travel to field sites to encourage, train, and provide guidance to field staff, including staff workshops on photography skills, gathering impact stories, etc.
- Assist field staff in writing and editing impact stories related to programs. The stories should reflect the full spectrum of Samaritan’s Purse programming in Antigua/Barbuda & Dominica and communicate the impact SP programs are having on beneficiaries and the communities in which they live.
- Assist in project evaluations and field assessments as needed.
External Communications Management:
- Actively manage country office Twitter account with engaging data, photos, and videos that highlight the work of Samaritan's Purse in Antigua/Barbuda & Dominica and the needs of the country.
- Work with International Communications Liaison and Communications Department at IHQ by submitting impact stories, up-to-date program information, and media content to be used on social media platforms that properly reflects the impact Samaritan’s Purse is having in Antigua/Barbuda & Dominica.
Media Communications Management:
- Train and prepare authorized Samaritan's Purse staff prior to internal and external media interviews.
- Monitor national media and establish the overall capacity of Samaritan's Purse Antigua/Barbuda & Dominica to initiate and respond to media contacts.
- Organize and hold the library of images on Box, allowing field staff to upload media content and photos to a cloud storage and file sharing site.
- Attend daily morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors and volunteers.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university in Journalism, Communications, or a related field; or one to two year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- One year of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
- Knowledge about photography and experience capturing photos for internal and external publications using a digital SLR camera.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- A servant's heart with a strong commitment to Christ, and desire to share Him with others.
- Experience working and living overseas preferred, with ability to be flexible and adaptable.
- Ability to communicate and interact well with people of different educational, linguistic, cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Proven leadership skills and strong attention to detail.
- Strong initiative and self-motivation, with a commitment to teamwork.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel.
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- Annual home leave
- Twelve vacation days per year
*Please submit a detailed résumé and cover letter explaining how your experience relates to this position. We look forward to reviewing your application!
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 8782-1