Samaritan’s Purse is seeking to hire a full time Hospitality / Event Coordinator to oversee the full cycle execution of all Samaritan’s Purse catered events and hospitality requests under the supervision of the Hospitality Manager. This hands on food services event role requires a detail oriented person who is conscientious, flexible and has a desire to provide outstanding customer service! The position requires a minimum of 3 years of full time event experience with the planning, preparation, and execution of all things event related, including preparation of certain food items.
If hospitality is your gift, you feel a call to our ministry and have the experience we are seeking, we would love the opportunity to connect with you! Please submit your application, including your resume and cover letter.
- Maintain a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Oversee the preparation and service of food according to approved menus and standardized recipes, while keeping waste to a minimum.
- Oversee the execution of all approved Event/Hospitality forms in all Samaritan’s Purse locations, as directed by Hospitality Manager. This includes all aspects from set-up to clean-up. Follow approved forms, and ensure accuracy and professional appearance.
- Keep all break rooms on Samaritan’s Purse campuses stocked with supplies. Alert Hospitality Manager when quantities are low.
- Serve "Watermelon Friday" events during the summer (Friday following Memorial Day thru the last Friday in August).
- Travel between main kitchens and training centers. Some evening and weekend travel required.
- Foster and maintain positive relationships with event hosts.
- Monitor all catering related supplies and alert Hospitality Manager when quantities are low. Keep accurate pars based on events calendar and calculated needs while minimizing waste and maintaining clean workspace.
- Monitor food quality using Food Safe methods as directed.
- Help maintain orderly, clean kitchen, eating and service area, storage, and cooler/freezer facilities.
- Oversee serving meals and in appropriate portions, as necessary.
- Clean up all facilities used for events. This includes breakroom, kitchen, and dining room. Wash all catering dishes and equipment. Know and execute all policies concerning table tops, approved foods, and event space.
- Coordinate van usage with Hospitality Manager and Assistant Director, Food Services. Maintain fuel levels and vehicle cleanliness.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee transportation of food dishes, utensils, and service ware to event destinations. Assist in set-up as directed.
- Help sanitize and store all equipment at the end of each shift.
- Keep manager apprised of problems or situations that may arise, such as product shortages, special order needs, or repair and maintenance needs.
- Wash dishes, glassware, silverware, pots, and pans after meals. Collect and return dirty dishes to washing area.
- Knowledge of the methods, principles, processes, materials, techniques and equipment used in quantity food preparation and customer service
- Knowledge of proper food storage and handling techniques as well as the quality, safety and sanitary standards involved in food preparation
- Knowledge of production and processing including cost controls and other techniques for effective operations
- Knowledge and experience in assessing, coordinating and preparing food prep levels
- Knowledge of principles and processes of providing customer satisfaction
- Social Perceptiveness, understanding of others
- Service orientation actively looking for ways to help other people and develop constructive and cooperative working relationships
- Valid Driver’s License and safe driving record
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or equivalent; three (3) to five (5) years’ experience in the Hospitality industry. Food Safe Handler certification required. Banquet/catering and customer service experience preferred.
- Walk and stand for extended periods of time. Must meet speed demands of a fast paced cooking environment. Long hours/double shifts are required.
- Active listening, oral comprehension and communication.
- Bend, stretch, and lift moderate amounts of weight (35 lbs.).
- Perform repetitive hand and arm motions.
- Comfortable driving, parking, and backing up catering van. Up to 4 hours of driving required on some days.
- Work under a range of temperature conditions.
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays
- Ten or more days of vacation depending on years of service
- Ten sick days
- Staff discounts at retail stores and service providers in the Boone area and nationwide
- Daily staff devotions and prayer time
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 11269-1