Helicopter Pilot, West Africa
Samaritan's Purse (SP) is looking for a Helicopter Pilot to serve full time with its West Africa aviation team to based in Monrovia, Liberia. We currently operate the following aircraft types from our base: Bell 206 L4 and Cessna Grand Caravan.
The most important quality we are looking for is a heart to serve the Lord. We want a person who has felt God's leading to use their gifts, skills, and abilities in aviation to reach hurting people in remote parts of the world with the love and gospel of Jesus Christ. Our helicopter provides medical evacuation services, external load movement for WASH programs, and staff movement for our international project teams working in remote and austere environments. What we do is expeditionary aviation. Why we do it, more than anything else, will determine whether or not you should apply.
Description of Job duties:
- Files flight plans as needed or assigned.
- Obtains weather data and interprets data based on flight plan.
- Completes aircraft weight and balance for flights.
- Loads and unloads passenger's luggage in aircraft.
- Keeps assigned aircraft charts and software updated.
- Keeps the aircraft clean, neat, and polished.
- Performs pilot duties as needed or assigned.
- Assists maintenance staff with aircraft maintenance as assigned.
- Assists in the maintenance, repair, and cleaning of SP hangars and property.
- Performs pre-flights, in-flight tests, and post-flight checks as needed to ensure the safety of flight.
- Works with the FAA and local civil aviation authorities as assigned.
- Be willing and comfortable working in remote environments, with minimal support structure.
- When humanitarian crisis arise, it may be necessary to temporarily deploy away from home base for several weeks, and even up to 30 days at a time.
- Represents Samaritan's Purse as a professional when dealing with donors, government officials, and others.
- Attend daily morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors, and volunteers.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and is consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Bachelor's degree or university program certificate; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- One year of college-level Biblical studies preferred.
- 1,500 helicopter hours, 1,000 turbine hours, 100 hours in Type (Bell 206)
- FAA Commercial Helicopter Pilot certificate, Instrument rating, and a 1st Class Medical
- A&P Mechanic certificate highly desirable
- External load training and experience highly desirable
- 2 years of commercial/for profit aviation experience or military equivalent
- 2 years of living and/or working overseas as a pilot highly desirable
This position is able to accommodate a family.
Competitive Salary with Full Benefits incuding:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- Home leave
- Twelve vacation days per year
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 9608