Health & Nutrition Program Manager, Iraq
Are you a seasoned Health & Nutrition professional with a heart to serve victims of war and terror in the Middle East? Join us as a Health & Nutrition Program Manager at Samaritan’s Purse in Iraq! As a Health & Nutrition Program Manager, you will provide direction and oversight to the implementation of health and nutrition programming for those impacted by war and terror in Iraq. Your expertise will help to show the love of Christ to a desperate and struggling population as we seek to aid in their recovery. Let God put your talents to use for a humanitarian cause with an eternal purpose. Join us today!
Description of Job Duties:
- Provides technical supervision of health and nutrition activities.
- Maintains oversight of medicines and health supplies ordered for health projects, supporting the health and logistics staff in the coordination and quality control of health supplies.
- Supervises and monitors activity plans, reporting systems for data collection (qualitative and quantitative), analysis, follow-up, and feedback for projects.
- Assesses staff training needs and makes appropriate referrals for training. Where required, organizes, facilitates, and/or provides nutrition and health training for assigned personnel.
- Promotes the development of quality programming, creative ideas, and new approaches to solving problems in health and nutrition programming.
- Contributes to the development of appropriate policies, guidelines, and protocols for the medical aspects of Samaritan’s Purse operations, in consultation with organizational advisors, other field coordinators, and in line with pertinent standards.
- Develops and maintains relationships with the Ministry of Health, the United Nations, other NGOs, donors, and partners with the objective of representing Samaritan’s Purse well and facilitating co-operation and partnerships.
- Seeks out relevant networks, training, or task groups on relevant psychosocial or ministry topics and actively participates as appropriate.
- Leads in development of new proposals and projects in health and nutrition sectors.
- Works with Grants Manager, Senior Programs Manager, and Finance Manager to plan and construct health and nutrition budgets.
- Ensures health and nutrition projects are implemented in line with donor proposals and requirements, and in accordance with Samaritan’s Purse and international standards.
- Coordinates with other Samaritan’s Purse programs and sectors to support an integrated approach.
- May provide professional representation of Samaritan’s Purse at meetings with government, donor, and civil society partners, actively and strategically engaging with stakeholders to increase support and publicity for programming.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in a health field, and two to four years of relevant international and/or medical experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
- Minimum 3 years’ working with Health & Nutrition Programs, preferably in emergency contexts.
- Experience in community research surveys, data collection, and analysis.
- Experience with field Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E).
- Candidates with previous NGO staff management and program management experience preferred.
- Experience using statistical software to analyze data and project activities against core documents, policies, humanitarian ethics, and organizational goals.
- Fluent spoken and written English required.
- Kurdish and/or Arabic language skills desirable, but not required.
- Possesses strong interpersonal communication skills.
12 month contract with the potential for renewal.
This is an unaccompanied assignment.
International Employee Benefits
Employees who choose to work internationally get to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- Annual home leave
- Twelve vacation days per year
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 9883