Greta Home & Academy Christmas Project Associate
Samaritan’s Purse is seeking a creative and detailed oriented person to serve as the Greta Home Christmas Project Associate. As the Greta Home Christmas Project Associate, you will have the opportunity to oversee the organization and collection of Christmas stockings and shoe box gifts for orphans and community school children from the Greta Home & Academy (GHA) in Haiti. This position is based in Boone, NC and will oversee the logistics and shipment for the annual Christmas event in Haiti.
*This is a temporary position lasting up to 6 months
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and be a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Manage the IHQ Christmas Stockings Project for the GHA orphans and community school children.
- Work with Projects to ensure the success of the tracking, packaging, and shipment of Christmas stockings and gift boxes for the children and staff of the Greta Home & Academy in Haiti.
- Coordinate the inspection and appropriate labeling of each Christmas gift and stocking prior to shipment.
- Manage the tracking process, shipment logistics, and expense reports for designated shoppers including cash reconciliation and receipts.
- Maintain current, accurate records and positive communication with project participants.
- Execute packaging, coordination, and shipment logistics of the GHA Christmas Project materials to Haiti.
- Create files, e-files, tracking, and systems to improve each project as needed.
- Maintain a working knowledge of Samaritan’s Purse Projects policies, procedures, and activities in order to respond to general inquiries.
- All other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Associate's degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Highly organized, detail oriented, self-starter
- Creative, able to think outside the box
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher
- Able to see the big picture and maintain the project timeline
- Start every morning with staff devotions and prayer
- Serve alongside other believes and encourage one another daily
- Use your gifts and talents to advance the Gospel in Haiti
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 10709